Youtube Thread

I just feel like these videos should bother musicians and music educators in this country a little more. We all watch them, say wow I wish my band played like that, then go back to the status quo.

The again maybe we should be glad for what we have. This morning my old School District announced layoffs, cutbacks in middle school subjects and a tax increase all in one.

Alright need to find a YT link to keep this OT... hold on..

Edit: Holy Crap... 77 Westshoremen at DCA Finals from a TV broadcast.... bad quality but heard about this 34 1/2 years ago but never saw it.... YEAH Internet...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The again maybe we should be glad for what we have. This morning my old School District announced layoffs, cutbacks in middle school subjects and a tax increase all in one.

Alright need to find a YT link to keep this OT... hold on..

Edit: Holy Crap... 77 Westshoremen at DCA Finals from a TV broadcast.... bad quality but heard about this 34 1/2 years ago but never saw it.... YEAH Internet...

Yeah, that's half the problem...

I guess I should post a video

Theres a longer video somewhere. Don't have the time to look right now. Also I think a better quality one too... but an awesome night. I think Madison and SCV played for each other that night too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gMDJj9BbYk

Here's the video of SCV performing Clowns for Madison.

And Madison doing the same for SCV. Must have been pretty cool to watch both of those groups perform their corps song for each other. Real class acts from both organizations. :thumbup: Edited by fsubone
  • Like 4

Yeah, that's half the problem...

Re-read my post and if it sounded snarky towards you I apologize because I didn't mean it that way. Just upset myself the way education funding in PA is going right now.

OK - now gotta find a Jr side vid or someone will gripe I'm on the wrong forum.

Well this has embedding disabled so take my word that the link is a 1975 Blue Devils drum solo. Kicker is it's the same unis as my earlier post. Not looks like... is the same because we bought them end of 75 season.... Must have worked as we made Finals for the first time in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqHyKivNgI

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Not sure if this has been posted before - but here goes...

Re-read my post and if it sounded snarky towards you I apologize because I didn't mean it that way. Just upset myself the way education funding in PA is going right now.

OK - now gotta find a Jr side vid or someone will gripe I'm on the wrong forum.

Well this has embedding disabled so take my word that the link is a 1975 Blue Devils drum solo. Kicker is it's the same unis as my earlier post. Not looks like... is the same because we bought them end of 75 season.... Must have worked as we made Finals for the first time in years.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oBqHyKivNgI

Oh I didn't take it as snarky at all. I'm quite upset myself! We are actually in agreement. I'm saying that education funding is half the problem. And going to a PA state school, I know what your talking about.