Youtube Thread

Never gets old. Such an amazing sound and hornline

One of the coolest videos I've ever seen a corps put out, and they could really sing well
  • Like 3

Cadets 2011, finals night.

There is so much to love about this video!:

Staff - you can tell who the section heads are by which one is acting out a hit-point.

Gino - Since SCV he's been the favorite animated conductor to watch. When he plants his feet and sticks his chest out while flaying away, you can tell he's basking in that chocolate glory that he imagined while arranging it. And he'd kill a cow if he hit him with that down-beat. You can just tell, the guy loves his hornline.

Mahler - OMG.

That looks like the old souvie area under the stadium? At least inside. And the eerie reverb and echo makes the hornline sound like a pipe organ. Gooey and warm, yet still precise. (Not like on finals night, IMO)

The trill - you didn't need to see Gino to know it was coming. It seemed the whole corps led up to it from 3 bars before. Glorious.

Best clip so far, among many excellent ones.

Since 2011 Crossmen didn't get a chance to perform at finals, here is a great recording from Quarter Finals.

Wow, that Maltese Cross at the end really HITS the spot!

• Like 1

That looks like the old souvie area under the stadium? At least inside.

Could be but wouldn't that area be to close to the field for a warm up?

That looks like the old souvie area under the stadium? At least inside. And the eerie reverb and echo makes the hornline sound like a pipe organ. Gooey and warm, yet still precise. (Not like on finals

I'd bet it's the convention center, if it's before the show. But they might have let them use the old souvie area if it's the encore, like how Phantom warmed up next to the stadium entrance in 2008

Could be but wouldn't that area be to close to the field for a warm up?

I'm pretty sure that the seats even in the other end zone would be vibrating with during this piece.

Must be somewhere close, though. Maybe in a distant place under the stadium.

I enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRcHlJp_6Q

I like the non show stuff... a lot of it seems to get lost every year. People depend on youtube to pick up the extra stuff.

I had a great time watching this. Totally entertaining. And talent just pours out of those kids.

But one question...

Where's the drum line? They got no sense of humor?