The official "love on Madison Scouts 1988" thread.

Count me as 1 who loves the '88 Madison Scouts! :thumbs-up:

Saw them a week or 2 before Finals and they were already on fire.

When the horn line cut loose... Wow!

• Like 1

Count me as 1 who loves the '88 Madison Scouts! :thumbs-up:

Saw them a week or 2 before Finals and they were already on fire.

When the horn line cut loose... Wow!

The first big hit in Malaguena = one of the loudest drum corps moments I have ever heard.

I was there. I was convinced Friday night that Madison had beaten BD and won the show. As smooth as BD was, Madison was pure, raw corps power - probably unlike anything of the modern brass band era. Madison won fair and square.

I was there. I was convinced Friday night that Madison had beaten BD and won the show. As smooth as BD was, Madison was pure, raw corps power - probably unlike anything of the modern brass band era. Madison won fair and square.

I was sitting with my mom on finals night after being blown away by both Madison and Blue Devils, That was the year they did the blind draw so nobody anything about semifinals scores and placement other than who was in the top 5 (which for Madison was a shock considering that they were sitting around 7th and and at best flirting with 6th all year).

My mom, no more than a delightful and supportive drum corps fan said after Madison's performance "I think they won". I tried to explain to her (as if I was in the know) that it just wasn't going to happen (even though their amazing performance did make me scratch my head and wonder). I explained to her that "it was Blue Devils year" (or so I thought).

Go figure, mom was right. :smile: I guess I should always listen to my mother. :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of surprised this only has two responses so far. Always figured this was a classic fan favorite. :huh:

Nice thread! So many great memories from that year, I guess I will share one.

We were going on the field for finals and Kelly (Scotts girlfriend at the time) comes up to me right as we are lining up and says, " Hey, just so you know. You all won Prelims by over a point " Loved that lady!

• 3 months later...

I remember marching the show after we won. I don't think my feet ever hit arrowheads astroturf. It was a surreal. What an awesome feeling that was!!!

• 3 years later...

You'd be surprised how many of 2015's members know this show and have been influenced by it, even though it happened before they were born.