Happy Birthday, DCP!

MikeN

Happy Birthday, DCP!

As always, a huge thanks to John D for keeping the site alive all these years - believe me when I say it 100% would *not* still be around without him.

And a huge thanks as well to the wonderful staff who do so well keeping things running behind the scenes you do not realize how much work gets put in back there!

(...and do you realize there are now a couple of generations of marching members who have never known an activity without us armchair quarterback fans commenting on every little thing that goes on in drum corps?)

Mike

• Like 6

(I had made this for another, but it works here too) heh!

Buggers... booched the embed. :huh:

Edited by JonW

it seems just like yesterday George Dixon emailed me a link to the prototype of DCP and asked for my thoughts.

It seems like this morning when John D took it over.

And I thank everyone who has helped make this site great. Sure some "knowledgable" people bash DCP, but face it......they read it. They just don't have theballs to admit it.

• Like 4

Thanks Mike .. and THANK YOU to you - my consigliere, our current Community Administrators Bawker and JohnZ, the fantastic Moderation Staff that do the yeoman's job of keeping things running on a day-to-day basis, Kevin Gamin who single-handedly manages our news pages, past staff members who helped along the way, George for creating DCP .... and you, our readers and members.

Here's to another 10 years!

-john

Thanks to everyone involved for all you do to give us this wonderful place. Hopefully I don't cause any more trouble in the next 10 years to build on my two periods of bananation in the last 10 years!

And to all the DCP haters:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

We, the brave few of DCP, are the ones in the ring. The ring of DCP. So we are not interested in your hate. :worthy:

Thanks Mike .. and THANK YOU to you - my consigliere, our current Community Administrators Bawker and JohnZ, the fantastic Moderation Staff that do the yeoman's job of keeping things running on a day-to-day basis, Kevin Gamin who single-handedly manages our news pages, past staff members who helped along the way, George for creating DCP .... and you, our readers and members.

Here's to another 10 years!

-john

Absolutely. Let's not forget about George Dixon's vision that saved us all from the cesspool that RAMD was quickly becoming. This place, being a private enterprise with its standards and ability to ban people who repeatedly step across the line, is colorful enough without the small handful of personalities (or perhaps one personality that was a handful) that drove RAMD off the cliff, down the side of the mountain, into the storm drain, through the sewer and right into the sludge pond of the drum corps sewage treatment plant .

1008-037-04-1068.gif

That is moderately disturbing. :ph34r:

• Like 1