New to World Class?

We are not talking feeder corps in the traditional sense (such as the old Cavalier Cadets, or Regiment Cadets, or the current Colts Cadets, or BDC), but highly competitive corps in their own right. The average age of BDB and SCV Cadets has recently been getting older; there are more and more members who are choosing to age out with BDB and SCV Cadets for any number of reasons; and the high quality of those two corps are certainly on the rise. And they both have the financial backing of their parent organizations. So, do not count them out as potentially dominating the OC year after year after year, and eventually contending for a Saturday spot sometime in the future yet remain in the OC.

they have the backing yes, but also realize they are probably more of a drain on the parent organization than a help given what OC corps get

they have the backing yes, but also realize they are probably more of a drain on the parent organization than a help given what OC corps get

I have high respect you Jeff, but if they were more of a drain than a benefit the parent organizations would have to get rid of them for shear financial reasons because they would actually end up destroying the parent organizations.

We are not talking feeder corps in the traditional sense (such as the old Cavalier Cadets, or Regiment Cadets, or the current Colts Cadets, or BDC), but highly competitive corps in their own right. The average age of BDB and SCV Cadets has recently been getting older; there are more and more members who are choosing to age out with BDB and SCV Cadets for any number of reasons; and the high quality of those two corps are certainly on the rise. And they both have the financial backing of their parent organizations. So, do not count them out as potentially dominating the OC year after year after year, and eventually contending for a Saturday spot sometime in the future yet remain in the OC.

still doesnt change the fact it IS a feeder corps....traditional sense doesnt mean alot in 2012.... what was has nothing to do with what is now. They may dominate OC year after year BUT if they keep moving members up does it really make a difference? Because their quality and how they do things is above what the average may do, can do or able to do should not be a reason for penalizing them.JMO

still doesnt change the fact it IS a feeder corps....traditional sense doesnt mean alot in 2012.... what was has nothing to do with what is now. They may dominate OC year after year BUT if they keep moving members up does it really make a difference? Because their quality and how they do things is above what the average may do, can do or able to do should not be a reason for penalizing them.JMO

I do not know the exact numbers, so I will not make any false claims; however I will say that the number of BDB and SCV Cadet performers who do not move up or end up moving to different corps might surprise you.

I do not know the exact numbers, so I will not make any false claims; however I will say that the number of BDB and SCV Cadet performers who do not move up or end up moving to different corps might surprise you.

not really..I actually do know that SCV moves many and BD encourages growth .MAybe if there is a question they should submit a rooster and have to retain only a small percentage BUT I would bet anything that outcomes in competition will be the same. It's about how a corps is run, staff, finance that leads a corps to success.............whatever one wants to call success.

not really..I actually do know that SCV moves many and BD encourages growth .MAybe if there is a question they should submit a rooster and have to retain only a small percentage BUT I would bet anything that outcomes in competition will be the same. It's about how a corps is run, staff, finance that leads a corps to success.............whatever one wants to call success.

And I actually know that marching SCV Cadets does not influence the A corps staff on getting into their A corps and the same goes for BDB performers getting into their A corps. That is why many end up going to other corps, or stay and age out with the respective B corps. As for the reasons for their competitive success I agree with you. However there is no denying the huge financial, staff, infrastructure, etc disparity those two corps have over the rest of the OC corps due to the relationship to the parent organizations; which does give them a huge advantage over the other corps. And when an OC corps can place in the top 20 of the WC, with their future looking even more promising, DCI really needs to reevaluate the criteria of a corps staying in the OC.

And I actually know that marching SCV Cadets does not influence the A corps staff on getting into their A corps and the same goes for BDB performers getting into their A corps. That is why many end up going to other corps, or stay and age out with the respective B corps. As for the reasons for their competitive success I agree with you. However there is no denying the huge financial, staff, infrastructure, etc disparity those two corps have over the rest of the OC corps due to the relationship to the parent organizations; which does give them a huge advantage over the other corps. And when an OC corps can place in the top 20 of the WC, with their future looking even more promising, DCI really needs to reevaluate the criteria of a corps staying in the OC.

again I will ask ya. Just because they may have a solid org. and that may give them an advantage..does that really matter? Again it would be penalizing them for running a good corps. As far as placing in the top 20...maybe some in WC really arent world class corps. Corps have put themselves in world class for their won reasons.

again I will ask ya. Just because they may have a solid org. and that may give them an advantage..does that really matter? Again it would be penalizing them for running a good corps. As far as placing in the top 20...maybe some in WC really arent world class corps. Corps have put themselves in world class for their won reasons.

This is why I am an advocate of DCI setting required standards within a division based on both financial and competitive criteria. BDB and SCV Cadets have the financial stability and the competitive quality to compete in the WC, whereas a few of the current WC corps do not have those qualities. It does not matter to me whether they are *feeder* corps or stand alone corps; if they fit the financial and competitive WC criteria they should be placed by DCI in WC; if they fit the financial and competitive criteria of OC they should be placed by DCI in the OC. All other competitive organizations, whether pro or collegiate, limits competitive choices in this manner, and so should DCI.

Edited by Stu

Just curious; because while there is no precedent, the scenario I proposed is somewhat feasible and not that far-fetched considering the financial and competitive growth of both BDB and SCV Cadets. We could be looking at a future where the top two OC corps are eventually good enough to make it to WC Finals every year yet forever remaining in the OC.

I doubt it would come to that. Every time a corps has gotten that good, they've made the move to WC. If BDB or SCVC rose to that level, I see no reason why they wouldn't make the same move. (Of course, they can't rise to that level with their current budgets and travel habits, so this is a somewhat moot point.)

This is why I am an advocate of DCI setting required standards within a division based on both financial and competitive criteria. BDB and SCV Cadets have the financial stability and the competitive quality to compete in the WC, whereas a few of the current WC corps do not have those qualities. It does not matter to me whether they are *feeder* corps or stand alone corps; if they fit the financial and competitive WC criteria they should be placed by DCI in WC; if they fit the financial and competitive criteria of OC they should be placed by DCI in the OC. All other competitive organizations, whether pro or collegiate, limits competitive choices in this manner, and so should DCI.

in several cases some corps dont have both