#11 CQuinn

CQuinn

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

I feel like he didn't read the part about prestige not mattering to me. xD

If you're talking about me - I'm a girl - marched with two world class corps, and can't believe you would have any difficulty making this decision.

#12 Michael Boo

Michael Boo

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,521 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

Bras program at Cavies is okay.

I don't see that they come in green, but hey...
Posted Image
This is my signature because I'm told I should have one even though I use my real name as my screen name.

#13 CQuinn

CQuinn

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

I don't see that they come in green, but hey...
Posted Image

Awesome! Maybe you can teach CB how to post a picture that counts! Thanks Mr. Boo!

#14 general_tsos_chicken2

general_tsos_chicken2

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

If you're talking about me - I'm a girl - marched with two world class corps, and can't believe you would have any difficulty making this decision.

I know right? It's a pretty simple decision as a brass player

crown brass = :worthy:

cavaliers brass = :bored:
NOT to be confused with GeneralTsoChicken....different person.

#15 NewTuba2011

NewTuba2011

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

if you want to throw jolly ranchers at people, you should audition at Cavaliers

Haha cadets stay strong.

#16 stevedb1975

stevedb1975

DCP Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

If your instructor thinks you're good enough to march with the Cavaliers why would you even consider Crown? I mean - realistically there is no comparison between the two.

Boy I must be losing my mind. All these months since 2011 Finals of thinking that Crown won the Jim Ott Brass title over Cavies and I guess I was just making it all up in my own mind because obviously as the above derp has now enlightened us of, Crown has nothing of a comparable value to Cavies. Got it now. Thanks CQuinn. I would have never figured it out without you.

#17 Stu

Stu

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

Go local; go with Spirit. They are qualitative, you will more than likely have a great experience, they have a very good educational atmosphere, you will become part of their family, they have a very rich history, crowds love and support them, it will cost you less money due to less travel expenses, ad infinitum...

#18 stevedb1975

stevedb1975

DCP Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Post edited...

Edited by stevedb1975, 19 February 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#19 Stu

Stu

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Maybe THIS will help you better understand and see through your own ignorance, CQuinn...................................

Maybe you need to honor a decent protocol of stating your point when posting! (now back to actually giving the OP legitimate advice).

#20 Mrfunkyoyo

Mrfunkyoyo

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Go local; go with Spirit. They are qualitative, you will more than likely have a great experience, they have a very good educational atmosphere, you will become part of their family, they have a very rich history, crowds love and support them, it will cost you less money due to less travel expenses, ad infinitum...

I agree. I'm pretty sure crown is very expensive and they are pretty close to being bankrupt. I know some kids in Spirit and they seem to love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.