The impact of the cost of fuel on DCI

I have a late model Grand Sport, a mid size coupe. Yesterday, after filling up in Santa Monica, it cost me $98.00. Multiply that by a fleet numbering 8 to 10 vehicles averaging 5 miles per gallon per vehicle. Now multiply that by x number of fuel stops and you have a fuel bill rivaling the National Debt. Seriously, I hope these outrageous fuel costs will not cause some corps to cease operations at season' end due to bankruptcy.

I have a late model Grand Sport, a mid size coupe. Yesterday, after filling up in Santa Monica, it cost me $98.00. Multiply that by a fleet numbering 8 to 10 vehicles averaging 5 miles per gallon per vehicle. Now multiply that by x number of fuel stops and you have a fuel bill rivaling the National Debt. Seriously, I hope these outrageous fuel costs will not cause some corps to cease operations at season' end due to bankruptcy.

Most fleets aren't Corvettes with 20-gallon tanks requiring premium unleaded. :cool:

What about fans who cut back on things like shows or supporting corps because more of their budget is going to things like transportation or (for some of us) heat?

Jim,

Yes, I think that might have some level of attendance impact...hence revenue. Not sure how much, but my guess is at least 'some'.

Jim,

Yes, I think that might have some level of attendance impact...hence revenue. Not sure how much, but my guess is at least 'some'.

Agreed... and reason for my post was the previous snarky comment about "mismanagement" (that old catch all) if corps aren't prepared for $5/gallon. Just pointing out that this doesn't affect just the corps.

And grateful it's been a warm winter, in my area heating oil is usually .20 higher/gal than gas.....

Agreed... and reason for my post was the previous snarky comment about "mismanagement" (that old catch all) if corps aren't prepared for $5/gallon. Just pointing out that this doesn't affect just the corps.

And grateful it's been a warm winter, in my area heating oil is usually .20 higher/gal than gas.....

Don't forget to factor in the cost of just about anything else that is shipped also goes up with higher fuel costs. Everyone's budget is effected somehow (even if they don't drive).

Don't forget to factor in the cost of just about anything else that is shipped also goes up with higher fuel costs. Everyone's budget is effected somehow (even if they don't drive).

Yep not forgetting, just not enough keystrokes in my 50ish fingers to tell them all. Sure my jaw will be dropping when I drive past the truck stops on the way to my dads tonight and see the cost of diesel.

First corps related non-transportation one that hits me is cost of that food on tour.

Edited by JimF-LowBari