Any Good Ideas?

Dress the ushers in green polos and khakis. Have them wander around aimlessly during the ceremony while speaking into tape recorders.

Serve walking tacos and PB&J at the reception. Have large vats of Koolaid instead of champagne. Instead of a cake, build a large pyramid of your choice of off-brand packaged cookies.

Bride and her party should walk down the aisle to a Dr. Beat . . . provide no other music. If someone's out of step then stop, reset, and repeat until it's correct.

Have the flower girl push a line striper instead of scattering petals.

Throw jolly ranchers instead of rice to simulate an authentic retreat.

Tie spray paint cans and bottles of gold bond to the getaway car.

• Like 3

I could come over and play "The Wedding March" recession on the same garden hose I used to play "Happy Birthday" in the DCA I&E performance of Renegade's Crunchy Frog.

Do a box drill to "Cupid Shuffle" during reception.

"To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right......"

Lots of people have the "Wedding March" from Lohengrin played at weddings ("Here Comes the Bride") and Elsa's Procession from the same opera is beautiful, but there is one small detail that is often overlooked,Elsa dies at the end of the opera on the wedding day. Is this really the sentiment we want for future wedded bliss?

Only opera buffs or people familiar with Medieval German legends probably know this detail, so go with it, and if Phantom offered their services, it would be phenomenal and a wedding that would not soon be forgotten.

[quote name='drumno5' timestamp='1332168251' post='3127211']

Use "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral" for your processional.

Fred O.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 2

Use "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral" for your processional.

Fred O.

I wanted Elsa's but the Cathedral organist didn't know it.

In the opera, it's actually "Elsa's Dream" and it should be available in organ books that contain standard Wagner pieces.

OMG!!! I'M SITTING HERE LAUGHING MY ### OFF! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! I LOVE THE FOOD TRUCK IDEA! I ALSO LOVE THE IDEA OF DRESSING THE USHERS AS JUDGES & THE IDEA OF HAVING THE PROCESSIONAL "RESET". I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE JOLLY RANCHERS IDEA, BUT I'M SURE THEY'LL KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME & SHARE THESE WITH HER!

• Like 1

Get Brandt Crocker to officiate!

Stu: This is perhaps not a far-fetched idea, although it was probably conceived in whimsy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brandt, if he was available that day, would do such a thing if his transportation and lodging was covered. I think he might do it just because it was something new he hadn't done before and it would be something he would talk about for years. One never knows...it's worth a try.

• Like 1

It's not the greatest sound because the person recording it was trying out their iPhone capabilities.

One comment states the following: " It's from the book "Organ Repertoire" published in 1909 and compiled by Preston Ware Orem. I assume the Elsa's arrangement is by Orem too, though he titles it "Minster March"."

Another states that there's a transcription by someone named Brewer.

Edited by Michael Boo