Phantom Regiment 2012

Remember:

Chinese SOUNDS.

....forgot gong.......

The GONG is playing Nessun Dorma?!

OUTRAGE.

It has been objected that Turandot won't work for Phantom because it begins rather than ends with a death (the beheading of the Prince of Persia). However, it could end with a "death", if Regiment emulates the work's premiere performance, which ended in the middle of the third act when Arturo Toscanini lowered his baton and told the audience: "Here the opera ends, because at this point the Maestro died".

It has been objected that Turandot won't work for Phantom because it begins rather than ends with a death (the beheading of the Prince of Persia). However, it could end with a "death", if Regiment emulates the work's premiere performance, which ended in the middle of the third act when Arturo Toscanini lowered his baton and told the audience: "Here the opera ends, because at this point the Maestro died".

Lìu kills herself as well. Double the murders, double the fun!

• Like 2

Lìu kills herself as well.

Ah, good point. Not right at the end, but near enough.

After reading that post, I listened to the opera for the first time; it has more than two hours of lovely music, easily enough to condense into a twelve-minute show. I hope "Ho una casa nell'Honan" is included.

Is this Ping, Pang, and Pong's song before "In Questa Reggia"?

Is this Ping, Pang, and Pong's song before "In Questa Reggia"?

That's the one.

• 3 weeks later...

Rockford's awful quiet...

Several pictures were uploaded to their FB page yesterday. I heard through the grapevine that Act I has been on the field for the last three days, so that's at least 2-2.5 minutes on the field.

Does anyone have any updates?

Got a lot of work to do getting ready for the corps to march in Rockford's Memorial Day parade. Of course only the 'new' unis for the brass and percussion will be shown on Rockford streets, as the guard fittings are just starting and won't be ready until dress rehersal a couple weeks from now.

I've been spending all of my time on my specific project on the uniforms, so I haven't been out to the fields to see how the show is progressing. BUT, we can sure hear it, even with sewing machines running!

Some of the kids stop by in the evening after the last pratice is done and they are really 'pumped up' about the show. You can see it in their faces and hear it in their voices as they talk about what they have done and are doing. As I have said before, there is much more of a team atmosphere this year.

Hopefully I can stop at camp this weekend and actually get out to watch/listen to some evening pratices. I've finished my project (NOT plumes this year!) and I want to attend pratices. I am confident that the overall Chinese theme of this year's show will be supported by all parts of the corps. Sound will feed off of visual and visual off of sound.

Really excited to see this year's guard uniforms. I've heard explainations of shape and color - it is going to add so much to the total program as did last year's Juliets - maybe even more?

• Like 2