Phantom Regiment 2012

Does anyone know when the official show music announcement will be made?

I know a few bits but not everything.

I doubt much will be finalized (and given to the public) until the corps has a chance to work on visuals and see how the music flows with the visuals.

And, as we have discussed on other threads, corps don't like to present their music choices and then have to explain 'why' things changed when the show is presented at the first competition.

That was made with the show announcement. It's all from Turandot. You can see on one of the camp videos that Nessun Dorma will be played. The rest of the sections may be made public later.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one has written anything about this weekend's camp. Maybe they really are all sleeping on the job!

What can be said?

It was a 'brass only' camp with one pit member showing up (see Phantom's facebook page for an explaination and pictures!).

....lots and lots of work on the basics and, of course, getting those unis to fit just right!

Excitement?

Maybe next month when the camp is closer to Rockford and visuals start?

I'm not getting into all the hype reporting stuff.

With Renick leaving one year and Shaw the next, Phantom has a lot of work to do and a lot of incentive to do it RIGHT!

I like what I have seen and heard so far this year and its just best to wait for all the pieces to come together in May/June to start the hype.....IMO things change between now and June 16th.

Steady she goes Phantom!

Steady she goes....

I am a bit hyped, although, that Phantom Regiment WILL be in Rockford's Memorial Day parade. Wearing their 2012 uniforms.

Corpsband,

I have long thought Bjorling's Nessun was the finest rendition I've ever heard, however, I wouldn't rule out Franco Corelli if a version is available.

How did you get the umlaut over the O?

Corpsband,

I have long thought Bjorling's Nessun was the finest rendition I've ever heard, however, I wouldn't rule out Franco Corelli if a version is available.

How did you get the umlaut over the O?

Just looked for Corelli's recordings on Amazon on the Corelli page. They have plenty. Page 2 has a CD called Franco Corelli "Arias". Nessun is on this CD plus several others. MP3 download is available.

Kevin