Phantom Regiment 2012

.....things have gotten quiet in Phantomland!

So, here is a bump back to page one (for an hour or so at least) and best wishes as you pratice for tomorrow's show in Clovis.

Safe travels!

Oh, and I am lovin' those Billy Blog daily posts - the male assistant conductor riding in the guard bus! Or has that changed? Gotta be every young man's dream!

well, a nightmare is a dream so I guess you are right. haha

I can just hear all the squawky voices all night " YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP DRAMA YAP YAP YAP SCREAMING YIP YAP YAP" .. *shudders*

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 2

Gotta throw a shout-out to Phantom for not only having a well-performed, emotional show but for having a show concept that makes sense on the field in the early season. I've been struggling with understanding a few corps out the gate, but Phantom is very clear with their concept and does a good job of describing it on their website(without sounding overly pretentious) to boot. Well done! Can't wait to see them again this season! :thumbup:

• Like 2

well, a nightmare is a dream so I guess you are right. haha

I can just hear all the squawky voices all night " YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP DRAMA YAP YAP YAP SCREAMING YIP YAP YAP" .. *shudders*

Gotta say from experience, the guard bus is typically the more quiet, organized, and smells better than the other two busses. A smart boy would absolutely take a seat on that bus.

• Like 1

now with the firebird ending included. I noticed they do not play the pedal notes anymore...any reason to this? I'm guessing its Carichner taking control of the brass this year. They do sound very good though.

.....things have gotten quiet in Phantomland!

So, here is a bump back to page one (for an hour or so at least) and best wishes as you pratice for tomorrow's show in Clovis.

Safe travels!

Oh, and I am lovin' those Billy Blog daily posts - the male assistant conductor riding in the guard bus! Or has that changed? Gotta be every young man's dream!

:)

PM me for more information regarding that notion.

Just wanted to quote something I just read in Drum Corps World:

"....the one event no corps wants to experience hit the Santa Clara Vanguard on their way to New Mexico -- the refrigeration system for Miss Amana, the corps’ meal truck, broke down in Flagstaff, AZ, leaving the corps without her for two days. Thank goodness for

volunteers! Between the innovative Miss Amana team, some local SCV alumni and local restaurateur Joe Guzzardi, owner of Joe’s Pasta House in Rio Rancho, NM, the corps was well-fed until rejoining the repaired vehicle in Mesa.

And in true drum corps fashion, after learning of SCV’s food situation, Phantom Regiment invited them to share in their substantial after-performance snack before they all headed down the highway for the overnight drive to Arizona for the “Southwest Corps Connection.”"

With all the angry voices on DCP right now, its good to know that our favorite corps doesn't hesitate to help another in need. We might continue to bash each other and fight for who is really the best......while our favorite corps just work their way down the road and do their best to help each other when needed.

THIS is a big part of what drum corps is all about!

Wish you best of luck down the road SCV.

• Like 7