DUTCH BOY RETURNING TO THE FIELD OF COMPETITION

With a new corps director at the helm, Dutch Boy will be returning to the field next season with a full corps and an even bigger surprize. All details will be released as soon as everything is confirmed and money, and the kids to fill these spots are found. As of now they are just teaching kids how to play instruments on a private basis and paying off their debts from previous years.

NEWS FLASH ****** APRIL FOOLS only comes once a year and today is it !!! SORRY !!!

For you, "D.B." stands for "###### Bag".

• Like 2

The countdown has begun!

Very soon .... www.dutchboydrumcorps.com will go live again with a very thorough (but still growing) retrospective look at the history of Dutch Boy and it's related drum corps family including: Cadets of Dutch Boy, Northstar, Flying Dutchmen, Dutch Boy Cadets and the 48th Field Squadron Royal Canadian Engineers. This is more than 50 years of info dating back to 1954 of drum corps history from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. This is a labour of love to amalgamate the corps' history in one place in a way that has never been achieved before. As much material as possible has been gathered onto this site including more than 1000 photos, 50 videos and 30 music files.

Look for it by the end of April, 2012!

• Like 2

I feel I have to comment here.

I taught Dutch for 4 years and yeah, when I read the thread title I got kinda excited (even though from recent discussions with the current management I know this isn't very likely), so as a funny line, I agree it fell kinda flat.

But I wasn't outraged, or any of the other things said in this thread. I know who Walter is and he's a passionate Dutch Boy alumnus. Nobody - and I mean nobody - loves Dutch Boy and the kids who marched there more than he does. He proved it year after year with long hours of volunteer work and by showing up at practices, camps, parades and shows to cheer the members on. Walter lives and breathes Dutch Boy.

So - maybe the post was ill considered, but there was absolutely no intent of malice towards Dutch Boy, and he doesn't deserve what has been posted here. I just wanted to point out that the anonymity of forums makes it easy to demonize someone you disagree with, but behind the sign on name there's a good guy who is probably feeling pretty awful about all this right now.

"Once Dutch, always Dutch".

Edited by Grandpa
  • Like 4

I feel I have to comment here.

I taught Dutch for 4 years and yeah, when I read the thread title I got kinda excited (even though from recent discussions with the current management I know this isn't very likely), so as a funny line, I agree it fell kinda flat.

But I wasn't outraged, or any of the other things said in this thread. I know who Walter is and he's a passionate Dutch Boy alumnus. Nobody - and I mean nobody - loves Dutch Boy and the kids who marched there more than he does. He proved it year after year with long hours of volunteer work and by showing up at practices, camps, parades and shows to cheer the members on. Walter lives and breathes Dutch Boy.

So - maybe the post was ill considered, but there was absolutely no intent of malice towards Dutch Boy, and he doesn't deserve what has been posted here. I just wanted to point out that the anonymity of forums makes it easy to demonize someone you disagree with, but behind the sign on name there's a good guy who is probably feeling pretty awful about all this right now.

"Once Dutch, always Dutch".

Best post ever.

• Like 1

This isn't funny, it's just cruel. I can't imagine what it must be like as a Dutch Boy alumnus to read this.

I have been excited by numerous APRIL FOOLS JOKES put on DCP over the years. I am a alumnus of Dutch Boy and I realize this was in poor taste. Please except my apology.

Edited by Walter
  • Like 6

As the resident jerk, ###, troll, and flamer... I must say, this one is even a little too far for me.

Some things you don't joke about. A lot of people put their hearts into Dutch and the day it died ripped a lot of people up pretty badly.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken
  • Like 1

As the resident jerk, ###, troll, and flamer... I must say, this one is even a little too far for me.

Some things you don't joke about. A lot of people put their hearts into Dutch and the day it died ripped a lot of people up pretty badly.

I think you have missed some of the latest developments with this thread, including Walter admitting that HE HIMSELF was one of those people who put his OWN heart and soal into Dutch Boy and the day it died it ripped HIM (Walter) apart. Furthermore, he has apologized. So, lets move on.

Edited by stevedb1975

I think you have missed some of the latest developments with this thread, including Walter admitting that HE HIMSELF was one of those people who put his OWN heart and soal into Dutch Boy and the day it died it ripped HIM (Walter) apart. Furthermore, he has apologized. So, lets move on.

Saying you love something doesn't make an apology more powerful.

• Like 1

Saying you love something doesn't make an apology more powerful.

You are missing the point....HE WAS A MEMBER OF DUTCH BOY HIMSELF WHO PUT HIS OWN HEART AND SOUL INTO THE CORPS! His reaction is probably stemmed from some sadness of his own over the corps folding. Healing comes in many forms. Sometimes, it takes even "joking" about something lost to remove the sadness of the loss. So like I said, lets move on. We don't need to drag this out any longer. It's already been blown way out of proportion.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 1