Show Announcements

Don't you think some of these announcements are getting a bit ridiculous? I just want to see and hear some Drum Corps!

then just ignore the announcements and go to a show when the season starts. it's a win for you, and the announcments are a win for those of us who are interested in that kind of thing.

• Like 6

Well, it's a bit hard to ignore announcements here in DCPland when you see a thread title that says "_______ 2012" or "_______ 2012 Show" and all that's mentioned is the hint of a hint that might be on a poster that hints about what the music of their show might be.

If the posters that think they're pulling off a real coup when they start threads like the one in my above example would simply add the word "teaser" to it, it would be a lot easier for us to ignore those announcements.

• Like 2

but if you don't care about the announcement and only want to hear some good drum corps - then just ignore those threads and wait until the season starts then go listen to some drum corps.

• Like 1

then just ignore the announcements and go to a show when the season starts. it's a win for you, and the announcments are a win for those of us who are interested in that kind of thing.

but...but...then we'd have to find something else to complain about :ph34r::tongue:

• Like 2

Don't you think some of these announcements are getting a bit ridiculous? I just want to see and hear some Drum Corps!

The simple solution:

If you only "just want to see and hear some Drum Corps" then perhaps coming onto an internet forum is against your prime directive. Turn off the computer, go outside, volunteer with your favorite local corps, put on a drum corps video/DVD/blu-ray/CD/tape/record and maybe log off of DCP for the next several weeks until shows start.

• Like 1

but if you don't care about the announcement and only want to hear some good drum corps - then just ignore those threads and wait until the season starts then go listen to some drum corps.

I care about the SHOW/MUSIC announcement NOT a teaser. Did you even read my post? It's hard to ignore threads that say "show announcement" when it's anything but after clicking on the link. As I said, simply add the word "teaser" to your (the general "your") thread title and I (and I'm sure others) won't click on it, thereby making us all happy, yeah?

Look at the Crossmen and Cavie threads. THAT was pretty close to the right way of doing it.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 3

The simple solution:

If you only "just want to see and hear some Drum Corps" then perhaps coming onto an internet forum is against your prime directive. Turn off the computer, go outside, volunteer with your favorite local corps, put on a drum corps video/DVD/blu-ray/CD/tape/record and maybe log off of DCP for the next several weeks until shows start.

I guess you and others missed my point. It would be nice to read the titles of the music to be played and not all the other foo foo. Thanks for your valuable advice. :shutup:

• Like 3

And it looks like Marc Streitenfeld wrote for a few film scores:

(from wikipedia)

According to corpsreps this is the first time any corps has used music by Streitenfeld! There is so much new music out there that could be used, it is nice to see a corps play the music of a new composer. thumbup.gif

(I wish I knew which piece they were playing though...)