Cavaliers 2012

Hall of the Mountain King - Nice!!! Cavies first played back in 1968

I suspect the powers that be in DCI have had a quiet word with all the corps about having the appropriate legal paperwork in place before announcing.

As amazing as ESoM was nobody least of all DCI wanted any more blank screens on the DVDs/BluRays.

One hopes. It wasn't just Madison's show last year, but also Crown's and Cavaliers' shows that are either edited or briefly mute on the video.

Though in the latter two cases it was a question of omitting actual recorded samples (of Rihanna and David Bowie, respectively, I think), and I for one would be happier if samples weren't used in the first place.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

I'm not sure how I feel about this, purely from a repertoire standpoint. While it certainly harkens back to "classic" Cavaliers shows from the early / mid 1980's... I guess I'm just used to them taking a little more of an avant-garde approach. That said, it's still some great music. I'll shut up now. :tongue:

Mike

I can say, the cavaliers did secure the rights, and they were in waiting for a bit. It was not quite as easy as surf may have made it sound. But someone asked "please tell me they got the rights" and the cavaliers responded "@Hector - Sync rights...CHECK!"

Good music choice, should be a very very entertaining show!

Being a Phan the 1st thing I wondered was will they have flutter tonguing in "In the Hall of the Mountain King"... I suspect not!!!

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised by anything that they do. tongue.gif

I can say, the cavaliers did secure the rights, and they were in waiting for a bit. It was not quite as easy as surf may have made it sound. But someone asked "please tell me they got the rights" and the cavaliers responded "@Hector - Sync rights...CHECK!"

What about video sync rights? (tongue.gif)

That was the thing that Madison had a problem with last year.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, purely from a repertoire standpoint. While it certainly harkens back to "classic" Cavaliers shows from the early / mid 1980's... I guess I'm just used to them taking a little more of an avant-garde approach. That said, it's still some great music. I'll shut up now. :tongue:

Mike

I can really see the Cavies taking this theme and running with it. It definitely fits their bravado style.

Honestly I am very interested into see how this show in general will work. The program is AMAZING and mixed in with the typical Cavies visual approach (yes I know The Cavaliers do not have Michael Gains on the staff, but if you read my last few posts you will see where i'm coming from with this). This is going to be an interesting year that's for sure! :worthy:

That is what the sync rights meant, they were able to sync on all platforms.

Ah, yes. "Sync" rights. Sorry, I thought you were using the term in a generic manner! tongue.gif