Body/Dance movement

Body Movement  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best use of body movement?

• The Cadets
    • The Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Blue Knights
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Stars
    • Spirit Of Atlanta

I realize (and respect) that some of the puritsts out there still consider body/dance movement controversial and don't care for it. However, it's a permanent part of drum corps now that will never go away. So we may as well appreciate it for what it is (and I personally do like a lot of it).

So this is not necessarily about who technically is the best at it. Who in your opinion (I'll use last year's finalist list) makes the most effective and creative uses of it? For me, it's Crown hands down. I would also add as an honorable mention that Madison has found some very unique ways of putting their own "Madisonish" sort of "showy" characteristics into it (the New York rush visuals in their opener last year were very cool and looked very much like THEM). Drumlines are also getting more creative now which is kind of cool. Blue Stars drumline had some cool moments.

Looking forward to seeing how the poll stacks up and reading what people's thoughts are on what they DO like.

And by the way, there is no right or wrong answer on this. It's all based on opinion and personal taste. Have fun with it. And even if you are one of those "purists", perhaps the corps/shows who take the more sparing/less is more/tasteful approach is what you will like the best and want to mention.

Edited by stevedb1975

Crossmen have the best body movements and they don't look like bandos when they do it. Not sure why they aren't in this poll.

• Like 2

I would have to agree that Crown does a great job with body movement. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Crossmen have the best body movements and they don't look like bandos when they do it. Not sure why they aren't in this poll.

I said above that I was going to limit it to just last year's finalists...as they are going to be the easiest for most to remember. But glad you would post Crossmen anyway. I now may need to dig out my semis dvd and take a look.

• Like 1

I don't generally like it - I don't think it adds to the value at all but in the context of this poll I would have to say the Cavaliers because they do some unusual stuff - not so much dancing and crap.

• Like 1

I would have to agree that Crown does a great job with body movement. :thumbup:

True - they seem to do their "moves" with as identical form as possible - probably better than any other corps. The problem is they do way to much of it.

• Like 3