72 replies to this topic

#1 HBD

HBD

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just saw the latest Cadets 2 video posted from a staffers Facebook page at todays rehearsal.
All I can say is this season is going to be interesting come August.The top 4 is going to have a new look come finals.
You have got to give credit where credit is due, They have put together a wonderful group so far.
Just my 2 cents
Jay
ps let me add that Bush is looking to improve big time this summer from all the indications :thumbup: .
JAM

#2 TastyWaves

TastyWaves

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I agree!
That video is already better than 90% of anything ive seen in DCA. I cant wait to see the finished product.

#3 skeptic

skeptic

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

There is also a drill video on their Facebook page. Looks like some pretty interesting stuff.
S.S.S.

#4 irishbugle

irishbugle

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

I agree!
That video is already better than 90% of anything ive seen in DCA. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Its good. 90% better is a hell of a stretch IMO as there are plenty of other corps that sound equally as good at this point in the season but your certainly entitled to your opinion.

Edited by irishbugle, 24 April 2012 - 08:58 PM.

** If I really need to explain to you that my comments do not reflect the organizations I am affiliated with or have been affiliated with in the past.... then I don't want to talk to you anyway because you will make my head hurt.

The dislike button is over here ---------------------------------------------------->>>>>>

#5 TastyWaves

TastyWaves

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Its good. 90% better is a hell of a stretch IMO as there are plenty of other corps that sound equally as good at this point in the season but your certainly entitled to your opinion.

Thank you.

#6 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

I agree!

I have to agree things look pretty good in the videos. IMO it was never a question of the on-field product but a question of recruiting. Seems like they've made a really good push after a slow start. There's no doubt that a Sacktig/Bocook design is gonna be really, really good.

Next challenge: fill the guard.

Do you think that will be; (a) harder (b) easier to fill than the hornline?

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#7 drumno5

drumno5

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Just saw the latest Cadets 2 video posted from a staffers Facebook page at todays rehearsal.
All I can say is this season is going to be interesting come August.The top 4 is going to have a new look come finals.
You have got to give credit where credit is due, They have put together a wonderful group so far.
Just my 2 cents
Jay
ps let me add that Bush is looking to improve big time this summer from all the indications :thumbup: .

Yeah, they look good, best of luck to C2. Granted, they have the resources of the Cadets/YEA organization behind them. But getting a group up off the ground from scratch is no mean feat, no matter who's supporting you. You and I know that very well, eh Jaybo?

Regards,

Fred O.

p.s. Good luck to my alma mater Bush as well; hoping for a bigger, stronger and faster team this summer!

#8 TastyWaves

TastyWaves

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I have to agree things look pretty good in the videos. IMO it was never a question of the on-field product but a question of recruiting. Seems like they've made a really good push after a slow start. There's no doubt that a Sacktig/Bocook design is gonna be really, really good.

Next challenge: fill the guard.

Do you think that will be; (a) harder (b) easier to fill than the hornline?

I think its WAY easier to fill the guard
1) You need as many guard as you need brass to be successful
2) now that WGI is over and corps will be getting more guard through the doors. especially as DCI corps make their cuts.

#9 camel lips

camel lips

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

I think its WAY easier to fill the guard
1) You need as many guard as you need brass to be successful
2) now that WGI is over and corps will be getting more guard through the doors. especially as DCI corps make their cuts.

There will also be some people that don't survive all days at the DCI level that may find the DCA schedule more to their taste.

I think this may be where the CAdets2 model will really start to shine. Especially in years to come.
Ed Mason (Big And Phat)
They said you were a great asset. . .I told them they were off by two letters

Im not old or bitter. Its just that your music sucks!

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat!

The assimilation is almost complete

#10 camel lips

camel lips

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just got around to watching the camp video on FB. Pretty cool. Lots of young people in great form. I suspect the drill will be very well written and a very high demand level. If they can pull it off with the Weekend rehersal schedule they are going to do well and scare the crap out of a lot of folks this season.

Good Luck Cadets2.
Ed Mason (Big And Phat)
They said you were a great asset. . .I told them they were off by two letters

Im not old or bitter. Its just that your music sucks!

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat!

The assimilation is almost complete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.