43 replies to this topic

#1 Sayre Kulp

Sayre Kulp

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

I saw that there is a prediction thread out there already, but do we know yet which corps are actually coming? Can we get a roll call of sorts? By my recollection here is what we have so far (and please post corrections or updates, if you happen to know):

Open Class (in no particular order)

Minnesota Brass Inc.
Reading Buccaneers
Empire Statesmen
CT Hurricanes
Hawthorne Caballeros
SF Renegades
CorpsVets
Kilties
TB Thunder
Bushwackers

Alliance - Announced that they are not fielding a competitive corps this year.

Cadets2 - C2 confirmed their intentions to compete in DCA and passed evaluation for competition, though there had not been an official declaration (to my knowledge) of what class they will compete in. Open Class is just an assumption on my part.

Kidsgrove Scouts - Announced their intentions to compete at at least one regular season show and DCA Championships in Annapolis. Based on previous announcements, we have every reason to believe they will compete in Open Class again.

Fusion Core - Has made the announcement that they intend to compete in Open Class this year.

Class A (again, in no particular order)

Govenaires
Carolina Gold
Windsor Regiment
Sunrisers
White Sabers
Shenandoah Sound
Cincinnati Tradition
Excelsior

Sun Devils - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

SoCal Dream - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

Centurions - Recently announced that they would NOT be taking to the field this year, but will continue as a minicorps in 2012.

High Country Brass - Announced via their website that they will not be fielding a competitive corps this summer.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I've heard some rumors about one or two other corps making the switch between Class A and Open Class or vice versa. Just trying to keep track.

Edited by Sayre Kulp, 23 April 2012 - 04:07 PM.

Sayre Kulp

13-?? Impact of Orlando
08-12 Windsor Regiment
91-11 Reading Buccaneers Alumni
07-11 Westshoremen Alumni
02-09 NY Skyliners
08-09 Shenandoah Sound
06-07 Sunrisers
98-01 Westshoremen
91-97 Lehigh Valley Chieftains

PADCHoF

#2 Gary Matczak

Gary Matczak

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I believe High Country Brass has announced they will not be fielding this season,.......
Gary Matczak
Business Manager, Erie Thunderbirds
Chairman of the Board, PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame
Secretary, Lake Erie Fanfare

#3 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

I believe High Country Brass has announced they will not be fielding this season,.......

Correct. The announcement is on their website. I hope they come back strong in 2013!
Sacred Heart Crusaders (NJ) 1971-1976
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

"As God as my witness... I thought turkeys could fly." From WKRP In Cincinnati

"I said no water for HIM!!!!!!" From Ben-Hur

"I ain't gettin' on no time machine!" The ABA's Spirits of St. Louis center Marvin "Bad News" Barnes, refusing to board a team flight that was scheduled to arrive at 7:56 PM in St. Louis (Central Time) after departing from Kentucky at 8 PM (Eastern Time).

#4 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I predict the lineup for DCA Prelims will be bigger than a breadbox, but smaller than the solar system.

That should narrow it down for ya. :tongue:
Sacred Heart Crusaders (NJ) 1971-1976
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

"As God as my witness... I thought turkeys could fly." From WKRP In Cincinnati

"I said no water for HIM!!!!!!" From Ben-Hur

"I ain't gettin' on no time machine!" The ABA's Spirits of St. Louis center Marvin "Bad News" Barnes, refusing to board a team flight that was scheduled to arrive at 7:56 PM in St. Louis (Central Time) after departing from Kentucky at 8 PM (Eastern Time).

#5 KS_Tuba

KS_Tuba

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Kidsgrove Scouts - Announced their intentions to compete at at least one regular season show and DCA Championships in Annapolis. Based on previous announcements, we have every reason to believe they will compete in Open Class again.

Members have been told two regular season shows and DCA Championships in Annapolis - Open Class

Lea Ibbs

Kidsgrove Scouts Tuba 2012

Stoke BB 78-86 (Sop), Valley Sound 86-87 (DM), DCUK 88 (Visual Judge), Poynton Commodores 90-91 (Mello),
Stoke BB 92 (Staff), Staffordshire Knights98 (Contra), Kidsgrove Scouts 2007 (Mello), 2011 (Tuba).

(My opinions and comments are my own and do not represent these organizations)

#6 Sayre Kulp

Sayre Kulp

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Bummer. The first article I ever wrote for DCW was about these guys. Here's hoping they return soon!

Sayre Kulp

13-?? Impact of Orlando
08-12 Windsor Regiment
02-09 NY Skyliners
08-09 Shenandoah Sound
06-07 Sunrisers
98-01 Westshoremen

PADCHoF

#7 Sayre Kulp

Sayre Kulp

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Members have been told two regular season shows and DCA Championships in Annapolis - Open Class

Very cool! Can't wait to have you guys back on this side of the pond later this summer. See you on the 50!

Sayre Kulp

13-?? Impact of Orlando
08-12 Windsor Regiment
02-09 NY Skyliners
08-09 Shenandoah Sound
06-07 Sunrisers
98-01 Westshoremen

PADCHoF

#8 TomPeashey

TomPeashey

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

That is correct... If nothing changes, Kidsgrove will appear in Bridgeport, CT the Saturday before championships and then again on Sunday at Bushwacker's show in Pennsauken NJ

Tom Peashey author of I Am Woman: The Dani Affair, Escape from Iran and Madam President 
for information: www.thedanichronicles.com

World Drum Corps Hall of Fame
Rochester Crusaders Hall of Fame
Syracuse Brigadiers Alumni Lifetime Membership Award
Northeast Color Guard Circuit Hall of Fame
Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame (Honorary)
tpeashey@rochester.rr.com
Cell: 585-957-5722

#9 darkman

darkman

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

SoCal Dream - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

SoCal Dream never left ,we just didn't go to Champs in 2011... And Yes on Class A

Darkman
aka: Michael Nash
So Cal Dream Director 2011-2012 President 2002-2010, 2012-Present
Chevaliers 73-74
Royal Chevalier 75
Osage Precisionaires 76
SSF Conquistador 79-80
Renegades Charter member - 2000

DCP-Mini-BannerDream.png
Dedication-Drive-Determination-Dream

#10 Latrobe's Finest

Latrobe's Finest

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Oh yeah, we'll be there...as the "home" team! Does that get us a free pass to Finals? :tongue:

I saw that there is a prediction thread out there already, but do we know yet which corps are actually coming? Can we get a roll call of sorts? By my recollection here is what we have so far (and please post corrections or updates, if you happen to know):

Open Class (in no particular order)

Minnesota Brass Inc.
Reading Buccaneers
Empire Statesmen
CT Hurricanes
Hawthorne Caballeros
SF Renegades
CorpsVets
Kilties
TB Thunder
Bushwackers

Alliance - Announced that they are not fielding a competitive corps this year.

Cadets2 - C2 confirmed their intentions to compete in DCA and passed evaluation for competition, though there had not been an official declaration (to my knowledge) of what class they will compete in. Open Class is just an assumption on my part.

Fusion Core - Has made the announcement that they intend to compete in Open Class this year.

Class A (again, in no particular order)

Govenaires
Carolina Gold
Windsor Regiment
Sunrisers
White Sabers
Shenandoah Sound
Cincinnati Tradition
Excelsior

Sun Devils - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

Centurions - Recently announced that they would NOT be taking to the field this year, but will continue as a minicorps in 2012.

High Country Brass - Announced via their website that they will not be fielding a competitive corps this summer.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I've heard some rumors about one or two other corps making the switch between Class A and Open Class or vice versa. Just trying to keep track.

We are Virginia's Drum Corps!
Anthony Fiumara
Shenandoah Sound Drum Major & Public Relations

Pioneer 2006
Shenandoah Sound 2008-

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.