1989 Phantom Regiment is DCI DVD Spotlight of the Week

Sorry, I'm missing the videos right now. The headphones blew up, the car battery went dead, the printer ran out of ink, and relatives are asking for money. I need help with setting my priorities.

Kevin

It has always been difficult for a corps to finish in the #2 spot and so on down the line. Over the years there have been more corps than I can count on one hand that I felt deserved the #1 position. I won't go into detail but it is always only one opinion (or set of opinions) that matter in the end. My heartfelt congratulations go out to every corps that hits the field every year.

The fact this show is talked about 20+ years later speaks volumes. I am proud to have marched my age out this year and this show.

• Like 3

The fact this show is talked about 20+ years later speaks volumes. I am proud to have marched my age out this year and this show.

What a precious moment to have in your heart.

<rant>

Ok, I was surprised to see that I did not already own this Legacy Collection volume (I have 80 and 83-87), especially since it was the last year I marched DCI. Went ahead and jumped on the sale price. HOWEVER, by the time we added shipping ($8+ for UPS ground??) and handling ($3.95 for what, exactly?) the total was over $40. Kinda ridiculous, even if it's going to a good cause (and I know that "handling" is 100% profit). I went ahead and bought it, because, 1989! But really? $12+ in shipping and handling? That's a bit steep DCI, a bit steep.

</rant>

:soapbox::sumo::mat:

• Like 4

<rant>

Ok, I was surprised to see that I did not already own this Legacy Collection volume (I have 80 and 83-87), especially since it was the last year I marched DCI. Went ahead and jumped on the sale price. HOWEVER, by the time we added shipping ($8+ for UPS ground??) and handling ($3.95 for what, exactly?) the total was over $40. Kinda ridiculous, even if it's going to a good cause (and I know that "handling" is 100% profit). I went ahead and bought it, because, 1989! But really? $12+ in shipping and handling? That's a bit steep DCI, a bit steep.

</rant>

:soapbox::sumo::mat:

When a ship is sinking, you cling on to anything that might float.

The right corps won that night but 1989 Phantom is an unbelievable show by an amazing corps.

I agree as well. This '89 show by Phantom Regiment was one of my all time favorites, even if it did not win that year. '89 SCV show was a classic too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1