34 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty

Rusty

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

According to dci.org/cinema, there doesn't seem to be anything planned for a preseason (or early season) broadcast this year? Are they not doing anything this year? :sad:
I know it's not clean and it's not perfect...but, at the same time, I don't care. -BugleBand on Phantom '03

#2 Mr.Potato.Head

Mr.Potato.Head

DCP Veteran

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

They are broadcasting the Akron show the Monday after it happens!

#3 Dan Balash

Dan Balash

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

They're filming the first show from Akron, which will include Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment. It will air in theaters on June 18th.

#4 ibexpercussion

ibexpercussion

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Maybe they could wait until the 23rd and do a double feature with the Clovis show as well!

Crossmen%20Banner.jpg

#5 Hook'emCavies

Hook'emCavies

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I remember going to the theater event last year, but if I remember right... there wasn't a big turn out... I wish they had the countdown still. Also, will they be announcing scores, or are they gonna keep it hidden like last year?

#6 soccerguy315

soccerguy315

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I remember going to the theater event last year, but if I remember right... there wasn't a big turn out... I wish they had the countdown still. Also, will they be announcing scores, or are they gonna keep it hidden like last year?

You mean people don't want to pay money to watch corps perform shows that are immensely dirty and most likely missing a minute or more of drill?
drum corps in a dome sucks; turn down the pit amps

My opinions represent every corps I have ever seen perform, both live and on video/dvd.
Division I Scaffolding - 06, 07 (Age Out)

The more subjective in nature the scoring is, the less control the participant has over the outcome... Petty protection of egos (at the expense of others) becomes more important than our stated objective -- development and improvement of everyone involved. - Scott Stewart, 1997

#7 RxBlooSynthMom

RxBlooSynthMom

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

You mean people don't want to pay money to watch corps perform shows that are immensely dirty and most likely missing a minute or more of drill?

Sigh... Why must it always be so negative? I gladly laid my money down for the chance to see my son for the first time in 4 weeks, dirty or not.
Posted Image

#8 jjeffeory

jjeffeory

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

I went and brought 3 people with me to get a June fix... No biggie...

Jeff

#9 soccerguy315

soccerguy315

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Sigh... Why must it always be so negative? I gladly laid my money down for the chance to see my son for the first time in 4 weeks, dirty or not.

sure, it is great for parents of those kids.

so are elementary school band concerts. But they don't draw large paying crowds either.

I went and brought 3 people with me to get a June fix... No biggie...

couldn't they put on shows from previous years though? Those give you a June fix and show you top quality.
drum corps in a dome sucks; turn down the pit amps

My opinions represent every corps I have ever seen perform, both live and on video/dvd.
Division I Scaffolding - 06, 07 (Age Out)

The more subjective in nature the scoring is, the less control the participant has over the outcome... Petty protection of egos (at the expense of others) becomes more important than our stated objective -- development and improvement of everyone involved. - Scott Stewart, 1997

#10 Tim K

Tim K

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I miss early shows and wish more were broadcast. Early imperfect shows are enjoyable. It makes me appreciate August's excellence all the more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.