I'm having a party,

As far as marching band goes we've done:

Gloria (a lot like Cavies 89)

Godzilla Eats Las Vegas

New World Symphony (Kinda dull arrangement, not very popular with everyone)

The Machines (Gilroy original show, favorite overall show from everyone, our drum break consisted of a very similar body movement sequence like the Cavies did in 200769)

Rituals (March form Symphonic Metamorphosis and Danse Bachanale, everyone loved Bachanale, hated the Symphonic Metamorphosis)

La Fiesta Mexicana (close second favorite show from most of the kids I talked to)

Our director gets a lot of inspiration from Cavies, Cadets, and Phantom.

. Definitely getting that I should use Phantom 2008 and Cavaliers 2006.

And since we did Bachanale and everyone seemed to really enjoy performing it, maybe Boston 2009?

It sounds like you're on the right track. Good luck, have fun, and remember that not everybody has the same love for drum corps as you do. :cool:

• Like 1

What??? Are you kidding me? We are talking about TEENAGERS here! If you owned a significant amount of teenagers as I have, you would soon realize they have the attention span of a gnat! :w00t:

Now if you offered them food after each show, you might have a little better chance of capturing their attention.

But just a small, better chance. :cool:

The young and attention spans.....

I've shelled out money for tickets for young people to see drum corps live, who have been bored after the first few notes, so you're correct about the gnats in some cases, but I also know high school students who are mesmerized by shows and some who can even recite repertoires the way some kids memorize batting averages. The difference: the mesmerized kids were totally into drum corps, wanted to march themselves, and most kids I've known who have marched in DCI level corps, whether it is today or back in the day, are super-motivated. My guess is the kid throwing the party is of this ilk. He/she probably knows what the Blue Knights did in 2011, what the Kilts did in 1938, and everything in-between!

Where I am in total agreement is the food aspect. I said the same thing in my reply. Feed 'em and they'll come is the motto for any youth activity, and my guess is that you know this as a parent and have the grocery bills to prove it!!!:tongue:

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1