16 replies to this topic

#1 TomMoore

TomMoore

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

The Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps and the Twin Valley High School Band will host the 8th Annual Spring Preview, a Drum & Bugle Corps Concert, on Saturday, May 5, 2012,at 7:00 p.m. The concert will take place in the Twin Valley High School auditorium, 4897 S. Twin Valley Road, Elverson, PA 19520.

The Spring Preview has become a much-anticipated mainstay of the indoor drum and bugle corps concert calendar and features some of the world's best all-age competing and alumni corps in exhibition. The concert's proceeds will benefit the Twin Valley High School band program and the Reading Buccaneers.

The concert will be the public's first opportunity to hear hometown Reading Buccaneers, as the corps unveils its 2012 music program, The Black Symphony. The corps' repertoire includes original music from brass arranger Mark Lortz, The Four Sections for Orchestra, Mvt IV by Steve Reich, New World from Dancer in the Dark by Bjork Guomundsdottir and 1812 Overture by Peter IlyichTchaikovsky.

In addition to the Buccaneers, patrons will be treated to performances by the 2010 Drum Corps Associates Class A champion Fusion Core (Morris County, NJ), the Brassmen (Brooklyn, NY), Selden Cadets (Selden, Long Island, NY), Reilly Raiders (Willow Grove, PA), and the Reading Buccaneers Alumni (Reading, PA).

In addition to the concert, the day presents a unique opportunity for drum corps aficionados to spend time meeting members from multiple corps and reconnect with old friends and many activity luminaries.

Reserved seats are $15 apiece, and general admission seats are $13 apiece, and will be sold at the door. For advance ticket purchases, send a check payable to "Spring Preview" to Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview, 42 Harrigan Avenue, Monroe Township, NJ 08831 or order online using PayPal. For a seating chart and additional information, visit www.readingbuccaneers.com or call 215.915.9617.
Tom Moore
Public Relations
Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps

EDUCATION ~ ENTERTAINMENT ~ ENRICHMENT ~ EXCELLENCE

#2 TennTux

TennTux

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for your post Tom!!

Donna and I are looking forward to another GREAT evening of Drum Corps!! Posted Image

Lynn Continentals, Lynn, MA., 1963-1968, Bari
Boston Crusaders, Boston, MA., 1969, Bari
Renegades, Everett, MA. (RCA), 1970-1973, Bari
CT.Hurricanes, Shelton, CT., 1974, Color Guard, Rifle Line
Sunrisers, L.I., 1975-1976 Color Guard Capt. and Asst. DM
Sunrisers, L.I.., 1977-1979 Honor Guard/Asst "Uncle Nick"
Sunrisers, L.I., 1980-1985, DM

Reilly Raiders, Willow Grove, PA, 2010-Present, Support Staff
SHOF, Class of 2005
Retired OLD guy!
"My shirts however, will remain in the key of WTF..." ~ Fran Haring
2011 GOT Forum ROTY

#3 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

What Tony said!

It will be nice to be back this year. Looking forward to the show!
Sacred Heart Crusaders (NJ) 1971-1976
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

"As God as my witness... I thought turkeys could fly." From WKRP In Cincinnati

"I said no water for HIM!!!!!!" From Ben-Hur

"I ain't gettin' on no time machine!" The ABA's Spirits of St. Louis center Marvin "Bad News" Barnes, refusing to board a team flight that was scheduled to arrive at 7:56 PM in St. Louis (Central Time) after departing from Kentucky at 8 PM (Eastern Time).

#4 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157,843 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'll waive from Wildwood

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#5 Mike McMullen

Mike McMullen

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

If I start fasting on Friday, I should be good to go for the pre-concert turkey dinner. :tongue:
Mike McMullen
'71-'72 Emerald Cadets, sop
'78-'79 New Horizon, mello
'81-'86 Reading Buccaneers, flugal, mello
'07 - '12 Bucs Alumni, mello

'13 Reading Buccaneers, Trumpet

#6 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

If I start fasting on Friday, I should be good to go for the pre-concert turkey dinner. :tongue:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've said it before... that turkey dinner is one of the best ideas in the history of drum corps! :worthy:
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

"I ain't gettin' on no time machine!" The ABA's Spirits of St. Louis center Marvin "Bad News" Barnes, refusing to board a team flight that was scheduled to arrive at 7:56 PM in St. Louis (Central Time) after departing from Kentucky at 8 PM (Eastern Time).

#7 TomMoore

TomMoore

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just a few days away! We are looking forward to the concert very much!
Tom Moore
Public Relations
Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps

EDUCATION ~ ENTERTAINMENT ~ ENRICHMENT ~ EXCELLENCE

#8 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Just a few days away! We are looking forward to the concert very much!

What Tom said!

I've said this in years past, but I'll say it again:

Twin Valley High School is an absolutely outstanding venue for a drum corps concert... comfortable seating, great accoustics. If you haven't been there yet, please consider making the trip!

I even have a new shirt for the occasion. :w00t:
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

#9 Mick Krackin'

Mick Krackin'

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

What Tom said!

I've said this in years past, but I'll say it again:

Twin Valley High School is an absolutely outstanding venue for a drum corps concert... comfortable seating, great accoustics. If you haven't been there yet, please consider making the trip!

I even have a new shirt for the occasion. :w00t:

Well, so much for those awesome acoustics. Who can concentrate on listening when they are blinded by your fashion? :cool:
Dan McGrogan

2004-2007, 2009-2014 Buccaneers Brass Staff
2008 Caballeros Brass Staff
1998, 2000-2003 Bushwackers Brass Staff
1997-1999 Westshoremen Brass Staff
1993-1997 Golden Lancers Brass Staff
1985-1992 Steel City Ambassadors

#10 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Well, so much for those awesome acoustics. Who can concentrate on listening when they are blinded by your fashion? :cool:

I will remain offstage during all performances.

So only the folks backstage will go blind. :tongue:

Looking forward to having some fun and seeing some great drum corps performances Saturday!!!!
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.