20 replies to this topic

#1 t-mac

t-mac

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

I gotta say, the thought of hearing that hornline playing "Fanfare for the Common Man" while I'm cooking out on my back deck is pretty exciting. Having listened to the source material I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing what they do with it. I'm not sure I've ever heard such a "drum corps ready" piece of music. If they can pull it off, Watch out!

#2 glory

glory

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm coming over. I'll bring the potato salad!

HH

#3 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,879 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I gotta say, the thought of hearing that hornline playing "Fanfare for the Common Man" while I'm cooking out on my back deck is pretty exciting. Having listened to the source material I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing what they do with it. I'm not sure I've ever heard such a "drum corps ready" piece of music. If they can pull it off, Watch out!

I'm coming over. I'll bring the potato salad!

HH

I agree with Glory!

In fact,....You need to host a DCP camp-over weekend in your back yard!

Oh -- and I'll bring the red solo cups, paper plates and napkins ! (plasticware is always the best item on the "I'll bring it " list!)

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#4 MikeD

MikeD

Forum Support Team Member

• Forum Support Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,250 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Oh -- and I'll bring the red solo cups, paper plates and napkins ! (plasticware is always the best item on the "I'll bring it " list!)

Is that based on your skills as a chef? :tongue:
Mike Davis,
Livingston Hilltoppers, 1964-67
Livingston Imperial Guardsmen, 68-69
Garfield Cadets, 70-72

dcp Forum Support Team Member

Posted Image

#5 t-mac

t-mac

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Well, I do have a pool and a nice gazebo on our patio where we could listen to evening run-thru's.

However, my favorite thing to do used to be when they would rehearse on the upper soccer practice field. My family and I would always take a picnik supper, set up our camp chairs, and watch the sun set behind the mountains as we were being bathed in sonic chocolate (ooo, I like that. Think I'll start using that).

Hope to see some of you there.

#6 garfield's_kid

garfield's_kid

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I agree with Glory!

In fact,....You need to host a DCP camp-over weekend in your back yard!

:tongue:

Anthony
Snare drummer since 2008
DCI follower since 2000
DCI honk forever

BlueDevilsBannerv2.jpg
BluecoatsBannerv2.jpg

#7 splat-a-drag-a-phonium

splat-a-drag-a-phonium

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I'm looking forward to getting out there myself next weekend. Can I stop by for a burger or dog?
Charles Long
Carolina Crown 90-92
In My Mind I'm Going To Carolina

#8 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,879 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

Is that based on your skills as a chef? :tongue:

No -- it's the easiest to "prepare" (swing by the Costco on the way) :colgate:

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#9 MikeD

MikeD

Forum Support Team Member

• Forum Support Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,250 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

No -- it's the easiest to "prepare" (swing by the Costco on the way) :colgate:

:thumbup:
Mike Davis,
Livingston Hilltoppers, 1964-67
Livingston Imperial Guardsmen, 68-69
Garfield Cadets, 70-72

dcp Forum Support Team Member

Posted Image

#10 njthundrrd

njthundrrd

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

However, my favorite thing to do used to be when they would rehearse on the upper soccer practice field. My family and I would always take a picnik supper, set up our camp chairs, and watch the sun set behind the mountains as we were being bathed in sonic chocolate (ooo, I like that. Think I'll start using that).

I might have to use this one too! :cool:

Eric Sabach
"Attack life, its going to kill you anyways."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.