Donna Summer And Drum Corps/Top 40 in DC

1980 Sky Ryders played Enough is Enough on their way up.

Oops. I didn't see this thread before posting about Summer in the other top 40 thread.

it is on corpsreps,....................sop solos by Jeff Gibbens and Sean Owens :thumbup:

Ooops - I mean not listed when you use the search feature for "Summer". Those years have a blank for "composer" but yes the songs are listed.

LOL, any idea who arranged for the corps back then Gary? "Last Dance" had a great arrangemnt for a corps of that era (and the lead off solo set it up great). And still remember laughing about "Bandstand Boogie" being a concert number. That is until I HEARD "BB" being played... Beleive the best quote was "Oh #### that's pretty good". :ph34r: Remember we were pretty close in placement back then.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Ooops - I mean not listed when you use the search feature for "Summer". Those years have a blank for "composer" but yes the songs are listed.

LOL, any idea who arranged for the corps back then Gary? "Last Dance" had a great arrangemnt for a corps of that era (and the lead off solo set it up great). And still remember laughing about "Bandstand Boogie" being a concert number. That is until I HEARD "BB" being played... Beleive the best quote was "Oh #### that's pretty good". :ph34r: Remember we were pretty close in placement back then.

I am pretty sure it was Ray Baumgartner who wrote for T-birds and Madison Scouts in those years,..............now I gotta check for sure,.......

Edited by Gary Matczak

But Brian, do the corps play it in the Disco style or Richard Harris (still can't believe that's him singing) or Maynard style. :tongue:

Hmm, might have number 99 as Westshoremen did it as a concert number in 1974. Believe it's the same chart as 1973 Yankee Rebels "Also Spake Zaranthusa" leading into "Mac Park", now THAT would have made an intersting disco number. :cool:

Before 1978, it would have been Richrad Harris. I seem to remember a number of groups doing MacArthur Park in the late 1970's. These would be Eastern Mass/CYO Circuit corps. Many of these corps, probably giving a nod to the Bridgemen who loved to entertain, did the disco version.

Racine Scouts did last dance in 2004.