NewTuba2011

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

http://www.suncoasts...coast86-10a.jpg
I will be a BIG contra player too!

Edited by NewTuba2011, 22 May 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#12 84BDsop

84BDsop

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,376 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

http://www.suncoastsound.org/Portals/11/Gallery/Album/111/suncoast86-10a.jpg
I will be a BIG contra player too!

Yep....the guy 3rd from right is the one I meant.
Sam Signorelli
'84 Blue Devils "A"
'84-'85 Keesler AFB Blue Knights

'86 Dagenham Crusaders (DCUK)
'87 Empire Statesmen Sr.
'94-'97 Nightfire
'02-'06 SoCal Dream Sr.
'04 Crunchy Frog
'07 Blue Devils Alumni
'08 En Garde

#13 kansasDC

kansasDC

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

My son starting his eighth year in DCI, this year as a mello in the Cavaliers:

Posted Image
Dave Borden
1965-1980 L.I. Kingsmen
Drum Corps volunteer 1981 through 2011.
Dad of Kris: 2012: The Cavaliers mellophone; 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 Blue Stars mello, 2011 Blue Stars in-line drum major; 2005 Revolution soprano.

Posted Image

#14 Hook'emCavies

Hook'emCavies

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Is there anyone at The Cavaliers rehearsals?? I am really curious on how some of the drill looks. :thumbup:

#15 charlie1223

charlie1223

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

Is there anyone at The Cavaliers rehearsals?? I am really curious on how some of the drill looks. :thumbup:

It's awesome. They have a move where there are like boxes and they morph around and spin and then become lines and then the lines pass through each other but in diagonals and then the line split and form a huge block and the colorguard meshes with it in like a wave shape and yeah super awesome. Sorry no pics. :)
...Keeping it REAL on DCP

#16 charlie1223

charlie1223

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Looks like a Snow Flake on the field for CAdets :P

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/
...Keeping it REAL on DCP

#17 Hook'emCavies

Hook'emCavies

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

It's awesome. They have a move where there are like boxes and they morph around and spin and then become lines and then the lines pass through each other but in diagonals and then the line split and form a huge block and the colorguard meshes with it in like a wave shape and yeah super awesome. Sorry no pics. :)

Thank ya! :thumbup:

Interesting... I know there is a set on there facebook profile that matches one of the sets... there is a soloist or a guard member in the middle of the box. This must be one of those sets. Thanks for update!! :worthy:

#18 GREENBLUE

GREENBLUE

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

I will say this,,,The Cavaliers are doing an awesome job posting updates on facebook/twitter. Everyday of pretour theyve added interviews from members and about 100 photos each day following the days rehearsal. Kudos to their marketing communications intern for doing a great job!

Now if we can get some video/audio, id be really happy.

Edited by GREENBLUE, 23 May 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#19 Hook'emCavies

Hook'emCavies

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

I will say this,,,The Cavaliers are doing an awesome job posting updates on facebook/twitter. Everyday of pretour theyve added interviews from members and about 100 photos each day following the days rehearsal. Kudos to their marketing communications intern for doing a great job!

Now if we can get some video/audio, id be really happy.

I have to agree, they have been doing really good with posting pictures everyday! I hope they keep it up. I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of the drill though. Plus some video wouldn't hurt either.

#20 flammaster

flammaster

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Cool thanks for the description! I can't wait to see them. too bad it will be on the movie screen though as they are not coming out west. Those guys you have to see from way up high though. (the expensive seats) so the theater show will be good for me.

huckleberry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.