Blue Knights Show 2012

Love it.... BK doing music thats well known but doing it far different than we've ever seen. The bid representation of the Firebird/Flocking effect is brilliant!! This ithe new style BK no doubt about it, but with some of that old BK flair as well! Lots o holes due to some dehydration/injury issues. Very hot in Pueblo apparently it was 103 each day there! They're full and I am so excited to see this in person!! Definitely a big leap forward in design and What A Drummline!! Brass is great but jeez that's the best I've seem a BK line this early in a while! Fun stuff!! GO BK GET ALIEN BABY!!

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 2

Let's keep good thoughts in mind for the kids and Staff of BK. They are practicing in horrible conditions here. The kids that came in from out of state not only have to deal with the altitude but the heat and breathing due to the fires; it's really breaking everyone down. The smoke not only hurts the eyes but breathing is difficult; even those of us who live here are having a hard time.

:offtopic: A big shout out for the firefighters and people that are trying to get in to save livestock. Prayers and positive energy to the hundreds of families that have lost their homes.

• Like 1

Let's keep good thoughts in mind for the kids and Staff of BK. They are practicing in horrible conditions here. The kids that came in from out of state not only have to deal with the altitude but the heat and breathing due to the fires; it's really breaking everyone down. The smoke not only hurts the eyes but breathing is difficult; even those of us who live here are having a hard time.

:offtopic: A big shout out for the firefighters and people that are trying to get in to save livestock. Prayers and positive energy to the hundreds of families that have lost their homes.

I wasn't aware of the fires and stuff, sending good thoughts that way.

I wasn't aware of the fires and stuff, sending good thoughts that way.

Within the last 5 days 46,600 acres have burned on the Front Range north of the practice field and are still burning. In comparison the fire is larger than Washington, D.C. The winds are blowing erratically making control of the fire almost impossible. It's in the 90's with very little humidity. The smoke has formed a haze so visibility is awful, the sun is orange. It’s bad.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Speaking of that fire...how's that going to affect Drums Along the Rockies if it's not contained in time??

BTW, I like the show...A LOT. Going to have to be crystal clean to pull it off. Not just an aggressive drumline, but that guard writing is as well!

Speaking of that fire...how's that going to affect Drums Along the Rockies if it's not contained in time??

BTW, I like the show...A LOT. Going to have to be crystal clean to pull it off. Not just an aggressive drumline, but that guard writing is as well!

Quite frankly I don't know what they will do. It's hard enough when the corps perform here because of the altitude, including BK after performing out of state, but with the smoke, I just don't know. Let's hope they can contain it soon. In years past there have been competitions in either Greeley or Loveland; if there were to be one this year I can say with 100% certainty it would be cancelled.

At this time they are still planning to perform the Rocky Mountain Rendezvouse this Saturday. I'm really excited to see it.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

I like the flocking and am glad someone is revisiting it. I didn’t think the scoring is all that different; it makes sense with the visual but the horn line is giving up a lot of playing for the effect. Conditioning is going to be key to this show so I expect a slow start for them which, I'm sure will be followed by a mighty surge after they are in shape

• Like 1

Quite frankly I don't know what they will do. It's hard enough when the corps perform here because of the altitude, including BK after performing out of state, but with the smoke, I just don't know. Let's hope they can contain it soon. In years past there have been competitions in either Greeley or Loveland; if there were to be one this year I can say with 100% honesty it would have to be cancelled.

At this time they are still planning to perform the Rocky Mountain Rendezvouse this Saturday. I'm really excited to see it.

Troopers are now doing the old Windsor/Loveland show on July 6 in Casper. I would say that if that fire is still going like that a month from now, northern Colorado will have bigger problems than whether or not there is DATR.

• Like 1

Hey guys, haven't posted in quite some time. I'm here in Denver on business and read that BK is at Ponderosa HS for the rest of this week. Anyone know what time BK usually does ensemble? I know Pondo only has practice fields and no "real" football field. Are they practicing at night? Would sure like to get my first drum corps fix. I'm also going to check out Academy on Friday or Saturday when I fly back to Phoenix. If anyone knows anything, thanks in advance.

Hey guys, haven't posted in quite some time. I'm here in Denver on business and read that BK is at Ponderosa HS for the rest of this week. Anyone know what time BK usually does ensemble? I know Pondo only has practice fields and no "real" football field. Are they practicing at night? Would sure like to get my first drum corps fix. I'm also going to check out Academy on Friday or Saturday when I fly back to Phoenix. If anyone knows anything, thanks in advance.

They are practicing at 5, but it's sectionals. No emsemble tonight. :sad: