Pre-Tour 2012 Predictions

I think any result that has Crown on top would be really special -- 2008 kind of special, but maybe moreso (or at least differently). Having Phantom and/or SCV in the top 3-4 would also be very exciting. Boston in the top 6, too. All kinds of warm fuzzies.

I wrote my first prediction on June 13th.

1. Cadets- You have to have good GE, Visual and Music scores regardless of what your shows theme is.

After the first couple of shows this prediction is not unrealistic but it will take a super effort!

2. Cavaliers- A new visual approach maybe what was needed. Cavies take another step up!

I could not have been more wrong! I really like Cavaliers but, they need to stop trying to polish that turd of a show and start rewriting. If the Cavaliers are great it pushes the top corps to stay on their Ps and Qs.

3. Blue Devils- With the new scoring system visual content means more! Can the Devils make the adjustment?

Devils didn't even try to write more content into their marching program. They are sticking with their easy marching for higher execution scores approach to drum corps.

4. Crown- Has all the new staff jelled yet? One thing for sure! They will be very entertaining! I would love to see the win one of these things.

Yes, the new staff has yelled! Yes, They are very entertaining! and Yes, they can win!

4. Santa Clara- Improved percussion and Brass. Oh, and clean your visual!

Another great complex show! August will tell the real tale of this show!

4. Bluecoats- I know they learned a lesson from last year!

Did learn a lesson from last year! And they are a top 6 corps!

7.Madison- I don't know. With all that former Crown Juice on their side. They could The Mid West Boy Band To Beat in the future!

Madison right now is the best boy band in the Midwest!

7.Phantom- Drums are a year more experienced. Brass is always good. Visual was a pleasant surprise and guard was the best in years! I could see them in the top six.

Phanton is a top six corps and their guard is once again awesome! But a weak visual marching show may hold them back. If it doesn't hold BD back why should it hold Phantom back?

9. Blue Stars- I'm sure this year they won't wait til August for their show to jell.

What happened to that killer drum line you used to feature? Where's the excitement!

10.Boston- Could finish as high as 6th

Keep pushing! Keep Cleaning!

11. Blue Knights- I could easily see BK in 9th

Keep pushing! Keep Cleaning!

12.Spirit- I can't see them beating anyone above them yet. We will see!

I can see them beating Blue Stars, Blue Knights , Boston and this version of the Cavaliers

So Updated Prediction!

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. Devils

4.Bluecoats

5. Vanguard

6. Phantom

7. Madison

8. Cavaliers ( based on this show before the rewrites please prove me wrong make top 3)

9. Boston

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit

12. Glassmen

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 2

I appreciate your take on things with all considered boxing fred