Season 18 Discussion Thread

Can't believe I also forgot to mention our first Texas event of the year in Wichita Falls was also today, and nearly turned into a Colorado sweep.

WichitaFallsTXMemorialStadium11000.jpg

Today's events:

We're just a day away from a major Saturday slate of shows. Tonight features a pair of old-school rumbles in Clifton NJ and Lawrence MA out east, and a Texas-sized showdown taking place at Pennington Field just outside Fort Worth.

CliftonNJCliftonStadium4000.jpg

LawrenceMAMemorialStadium7000.jpg

BedfordTXPenningtonField11000.jpg

Today's events:

Last night's Fort Worth saw Nastalgia Vanguard's hot streak get cooled off a bit by Rocky Mountain Thunder. They'll look to rebound at the Alamodome in San Antonio TX today, but will have to contend with Velocity, Quiksilver and Great Lakers among others.

SanAntonioTXAlamodome2.jpg

Overseas, a small lineup of corps contends for the Pacific Championships, but it should still be an an intense matchup between Elite Brigade, Appalachians and Crimson Lions.

BangkokThailandChonburiStadium8000.jpg

Finally, in Allentown, a titanic slate of corps marches into action at J. Birney Crum Stadium. Polaris Regiment may be the favorite after becoming the first corps to post a score of 90 last night, but they'll have Star of Jupiter, The Knights, OVT, Mountain Devils, and several other corps breathing down their necks.

AllentownPAJBirneyCrumStadium15000-1.jpg

Housing and Show Information for Drums Across the Capital (Charleston, WV)

Housing:

Avengers - Sissonville HS

Maroon Stars - George Washington HS

Mountain Devils - Herbert Hoover HS

Ohio Valley Thunder - Midland HS

Purple Mountain Majesty - South Charleston HS

Quilt - Riverside HS

Star of Jupiter - Capital HS

Direwolves - Poca HS

Green Cadets - Winfield HS

Man Scouts - Hurricane HS

Sons of Thunder - Ripley HS

Tokyo Tornadoes - John Adams MS

Lowell Lancers - Hurricane MS

Plain Angels - Dunbar MS

Schrute Regiment - Cedar Grove MS

Starshield Regiment - Barboursville MS

Performance Order:

SSB Performed by OVT Hornline - 6:00pm

Lowell Lancers - 6:15pm

Schrute Regiment - 6:30pm

Plain Angels - 6:45pm

Starshield Regiment - 7:00pm

Intermission #1 - 7:15pm

Tokyo Tornadoes - 7:45pm

Man Scouts - 8:00pm

Direwolves - 8:15pm

Green Cadets- 8:30pm

Sons of Thunder - 8:45pm

Intermission #2 - 9:00pm

Avengers - 9:15pm

Maroon Stars - 9:30pm

Purple Mountain Majesty - 9:45pm

Quilt - 10:00pm

Mountain Devils - 10:15pm

Star of Jupiter - 10:30pm

OVT - 10:45pm

Awards - 11pm

We're getting into the last week of what's been an intensely competitive season, as there have been several corps in each division that have been knocking on the door of first place. This week's competitions leading to the last two major events of the year in Orlando and Denver may make the finals week picture as clear as crystal- or as mud.

Today's events:

While Denton TX's CH Collins Stadium hosts a special Finals preview event for corps en route to Denver, corps out east will get a double-dip of shows in Herndon VA and at OVT's home show event in Charleston WV.

DentonTXCHCollinsStadium11000-1.jpg

HerndonVAHerndonHS3000.jpg

CharlestonWVLaidleyField16000.jpg

Today's events:

After an impressive victory at their home show in Charleston WV last night to continue what has become perhaps their most competitive season today, Ohio Valley Thunder looks to keep up their winning ways at Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond KY. In their way- Nastalgia Vanguard, another corps that is enjoying their strongest season in recent years and has definitely established itself as a championship contender.

RichmondKYRoyKiddStadium20000.jpg

In Raleigh NC, Elite Brigade makes their return to the US for their first show since winning the Pacific championships. The Knight Sword will also be up for grabs as The Knights, Knights of Power and California Knights all contend for this coveted prize.

RaleighNCDurhamCountyStadium8000.jpg

Out west, Rocky Mountain Thunder continues to impress in their "relaunch season" with a victory in Dallas last night. They'll match up against Great Lakers and Velocity at tonight's event in Broken Arrow OK.

BrokenArrowOKBrokenArrowHS8000.jpg

Well, this is my first time touching a computer in a week. Looks like my corps are doing okay. Will have to review captions...

The WYAA member corps will be wearing black armbands tonight.

A fitting tribute. :sad:

Just to give everybody a heads-up, there might be a bit of a delay in getting scores up for Wednesday through Sunday as I will be leaving tomorrow for Allentown. I expect to have internet at my hotel but I won't know for sure until I arrive.

Made it into my hotel in Philly (actually, in West Chester) and internet is working so scores should be up in a timely fashion this week. Now let's hope the weather cooperates!

Today's events:

Rocky Mountain Thunder has been gradually been building momentum as the season has gone on and is looking like a definite finals contender. The Stud Bolts and Velocity will look to get them off track tonight at Jantz Stadium near Wichita KS.

WichitaKSJantzStadium5000.jpg

In Rock Hill SC, the Knight Sword will be back up for grabs again, while Polaris Regiment, Elite Brigade, Star of Jupiter and Quiksilver all jump into the competitive mix together.

RockHillSCDistrict3Stadium6000.jpg

Finally, in the mountains of East Tennessee, OVT and Nastalgia Vanguard have a rematch from the Richmond KY show at Burchfield HS in Sevierville TN.

SeviervilleTNSevierCountyHS5000.jpg