hostrauser

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Thanks again for another great season and awesome stadium pictures! :thumbup:

FDbanner.png
Forward Dynamics, Oregon, WI - DCPI Season XXII (Summer 2014)

- Polaris Regiment (World Class) - "Principia" - 96.525, 6th place
- The Marauders (Open Class) - "Rusalka" - 93.430, 6th place
- Xothyme (Class A) - "Supervillain" - 91.300, 1st place - DCPI Champions!

#142 JonW

JonW

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Thanks again for another great season and awesome stadium pictures! :thumbup:

I'll second that. :cool:
Posted Image

#143 Galen

Galen

DCP Fanatic

• DCPi Forum Support Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,830 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Finals week events:

Today marks the beginning of the end of another spectacular season. World class corps will be competing at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington TX for all of their events, starting with today's prelims. 44 corps will take the field for prelims, and the top 30 will advance to tomorrow's quarterfinal round. Semifinals will feature the top 20 placing corps from quarterfinals, and finals will, as always, feature the top 12 corps from semis. Cowboys Stadium will also be the host for Open and Class A finals on 8/11.
Posted Image

Open class and Class A events will take place in Denton, a few miles north of Dallas. 36 Open Class corps will march into UNT's sparkling new Apogee Stadium for tomorrow's Open class prelims, with the top 20 advancing to semis and the top 12 advancing to finals.
Posted Image

Class A competitions will be held at the CH Collins Sportsplex, also in Denton. While we are very excited about the opening of the new megastadium in Allen (another Dallas suburb) and hope to be able to add it to our calendar next season, it was just not going to be ready in time for this season's events. Collins Stadium will, however, still be an excellent venue for 33 class A corps to compete at, with the top 20 advancing to semis and the top 12 advancing to finals.
Posted Image

I will try to do a "live-streaming" update similar to last year starting at or around 5 PM CST this afternoon, depending on my work schedule. I'll be posting scores in batches and trying to give some "live play by play" as well.

Matt Briddell
Executive Director, DCPI

Pioneer 2001
Cap Reg 2002-03
DCK 2007
Kilties 2010-11, 2013

DCPI22img1_zps594cbd16.jpg

"You've gotta give them hope. Without hope, the Us's give up"- Harvey Milk
Marching Arenas

#144 StarOrg

StarOrg

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

I third! Thanks for all you do! Updates, stadium pics, scheduling, scores, live updates, play by play.

Finals is here. Got to love the LIVE season. You manage your corps to put them in the best position possible. The rest is just plain luck. So good luck to all!

-M

Star_Org_3.png

The Star Organization, Jupiter, FL
Star of Jupiter, World Class Champion (Season 6, 19, 20)
Star of Hawaii, Open Class Champion (Season 6, 7)
Cross, Class A Champion (Season 8, 16, 17, 19, 21)

#145 JonW

JonW

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

I third! Thanks for all you do! Updates, stadium pics, scheduling, scores, live updates, play by play.

Finals is here. Got to love the LIVE season. You manage your corps to put them in the best position possible. The rest is just plain luck. So good luck to all!

W00t! :w00t: I'm already on the edge of my seat with excitement :thumbup: :tongue:
Posted Image

#146 StarOrg

StarOrg

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I don't want to jinx us but do find it interesting that in all the seasons and all 3 divisions we have never had a tie for first at Finals. Well none that I am aware of.

-M

Star_Org_3.png

The Star Organization, Jupiter, FL
Star of Jupiter, World Class Champion (Season 6, 19, 20)
Star of Hawaii, Open Class Champion (Season 6, 7)
Cross, Class A Champion (Season 8, 16, 17, 19, 21)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.