66 replies to this topic

#61 chadwick

chadwick

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

The colors remind me of my sister's jazz dance team uniform......in 1992.

#62 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

so from the looks of things it looks like the brass are going to take off their jackets at some point? while I dont mind the guard(it looks like typical BD guard costumes since '08), I dont care for in the slightest the "reveal" uniform for the brass. Don't their designers watch Project Runway? A thin top, with a bunch of material on the hips is never flattering. lol.

+1 because you mention Project Runway !!

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#63 skajerk

skajerk

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,886 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Wait a minute! When did BD change their show to "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"???
Randy

All Bari - All The Time!
Valley Fever 1983-84
CA Dons 1985
SF Renegades 2003-04
Crunchy Frog 2003-04

"You can't play the ska like you're running a race" - Chris Murray

Ska Jerk ~ Ska Jerk Radio

#64 chaos001

chaos001

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Did someone rummage through some old seamstress's house and sew together some leftover bits of fabric from the last forty years?!? Yikes!

#65 skajerk

skajerk

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,886 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the red mark. Time for a sense of humor.

And thanks to whoever took it back. :cool:

Edited by skajerk, 16 June 2012 - 04:02 PM.

Randy

All Bari - All The Time!
Valley Fever 1983-84
CA Dons 1985
SF Renegades 2003-04
Crunchy Frog 2003-04

"You can't play the ska like you're running a race" - Chris Murray

Ska Jerk ~ Ska Jerk Radio

#66 Kevin.

Kevin.

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Blue Stars

https://www.facebook...&type=1

#67 saxfreq1128

saxfreq1128

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

so from the looks of things it looks like the brass are going to take off their jackets at some point? while I dont mind the guard(it looks like typical BD guard costumes since '08), I dont care for in the slightest the "reveal" uniform for the brass. Don't their designers watch Project Runway? A thin top, with a bunch of material on the hips is never flattering. lol.

You better Preach, Heidi! :tongue:

...Yeah but seriously, these costumes might be grounds for elimination. Then again, that's what I say every June, and by August I've usually been won over.

BD often reminds me of that contestant on competition shows who goes up for elimination every week, but then somehow persists throughout the season and ultimately probably even... wins.

Edited by saxfreq1128, 16 June 2012 - 08:42 PM.

I think we would all love DCI more if we learned to appreciate these shows for what they are, rather than for what we want them to be -- for what they do, rather than for what we think they should be doing. Because what they are and what they do, top to bottom, traditional and not, is amazing.

Posted Image
Love the Cadets, SCV, CC, Cavs, Bluecoats and PR, too. Just too lazy to find the sign thingies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.