DCI 2012 Season Online Videos

Excellent sections - brass, percussion and guard.

Yet I feel nothing.....absolutely nothing. As if I have seen something I have seen so many times before which has never registered with me, and now continues to just be "there."

Everything is good...great in fact. Yet has my soul been stirred?

No.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 4

I have to say it.

I hate to say it.

I absolutely LOVE the Blue Devils...

But I absolutely HATE this show.

Like a previous poster said... executed to a very high degree but absolutely NO feeling and I dont think there is any feeling to be had with the material at hand. Too much recorded drivel. Too dissonant. It's all very distracting really. The show is all over the place and has no natural flow to it. There are virtually no recognizable melodic passages anywhere in the show. This to me is a HUGE step backwards for BD. It's as if we've simply gone back to how loud can we play? How high can we play and how many notes can we ram into one 16 count passage?

Edited by Cainan
  • Like 5

Excellent sections - brass, percussion and guard.

Yet I feel nothing.....absolutely nothing. As if I have seen something I have seen so many times before which has never registered with me, and now continues to just be "there."

Everything is good...great in fact. Yet has my soul been stirred?

No.

Yes, I said something similar in another thread. They're going to be freaking great, but great at what exactly?

• Like 4

I have to say it.

I hate to say it.

Like a previous poster said... executed to a very high degree but absolutely NO feeling and I dont think there is any feeling to be had with the material at hand. Too much recorded drivel. Too dissonant. It's all very distracting really. The show is all over the place and has no natural flow to it. There are virtually no recognizable melodic passages anywhere in the show. This to me is a HUGE step backwards for BD. It's as if we've simply gone back to how loud can we play? How high can we play and how many notes can we ram into one 16 count passage?

sort of fits the "theatre of the absurd" idea of the shows title ... certainly there is more to come

Edited by ashevillemurphy

Isn't this exactly how 2010 started out?...

• Like 3

I have to say it.

I hate to say it.

I feel like I have to reply to at least one of these.

You're all judging the show (you say HATE, even) from a grainy, tiny video captured from low in the stands.

Need I say more?

You say there's no recognizable musical passages. There's an entire piece (almost) in the ballad, the Gymnopedie #1 by Satie, as well as the entire closer. As well as several other extended phrases.

I'm excited for this show. It'll obviously be good (like '09 and '10) but I feel like it could have more of the audience aspect like last year.

However, I will wait until I actually see it to make the call.

• Like 1