Cadets 2012

Cute!!

But seriously, I know "We Need a Little Christmas" is one of their parade songs. The arrangement is very much a parade march sort of feel, almost Souza-ish at times. Are they doing Hark as well?

The Cadets spent three days at a school near here I live. On the second night they did a show for the community, which was really a final run through in uniform. As an encore they played "Hark the Herald Angels". There were two Cadets food volunteers sitting near me and one of them told me as they were playing "Hark" that they would be playing "Hark" in parades. I also heard "We Need a Little Christmas" which was incredible. . Good to know they will be playing it in parades. Thanks so much for letting us know.

• Like 1

Yes please! Just had an early 80's flashback there. :smile:

Thanks for posting this! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just watched on Fan Network....

I will say that my griping about the concept is temporarily on hold. There are some really cool things going on with this show. I think Sacktig's opener was extremely well written. I think "Do You Hear..." has the potential to be one of the more emotional moments of the season. (That mello soloist was pretty darn good out of the gate, IMO.)

But the show overall also has too much cheese potential. Yes, I know I can't judge it for what it MIGHT turn into, but until those god-awful "oh yeahs" are removed (WTF are they anyway), no sigh of relief will be exhaled. They make "yowza" seem poignant.

The show is a complete 180 from last year's, and I really liked last year's direction, so... I'm trying.

As a loyal Cadet homer... I'm trying.

• Like 3

I have to say after watching this show at the theater tonight, I REALLY enjoyed it. Like many, I was a little skeptical. But I found myself smiling the whole time and getting into it. I haven't found the Cadets to be overly approachable in the last few years, although I did enjoy last year's show. But I very much like this one. They have done a good job last year and this year of tapping into feelings. Last year it was good and evil. This year it's that feeling of joy at Christmas. Great job Cadets!

• Like 1

Just watched on Fan Network....

I will say that my griping about the concept is temporarily on hold. There are some really cool things going on with this show. I think Sacktig's opener was extremely well written. I think "Do You Hear..." has the potential to be one of the more emotional moments of the season. (That mello soloist was pretty darn good out of the gate, IMO.)

But the show overall also has too much cheese potential. Yes, I know I can't judge it for what it MIGHT turn into, but until those god-awful "oh yeahs" are removed (WTF are they anyway), no sigh of relief will be exhaled. They make "yowza" seem poignant.

The show is a complete 180 from last year's, and I really liked last year's direction, so... I'm trying.

As a loyal Cadet homer... I'm trying.

I think the point Cadets were trying to do this year. They wanted it to be a 180.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I know it's "Christmas" in Cadetland, but it seems the fans are a little too quiet on this site. Let's move this thread back to the first page. Seems like i'll have to be the one to make sure it stays there.

BUMP!!!

• Like 1

Surprisingly I'm loving the Cadets show this year. It's so different that in it's own way it's kind of amazingtongue.gif

• Like 1

I have to say after watching this show at the theater tonight, I REALLY enjoyed it. Like many, I was a little skeptical. But I found myself smiling the whole time and getting into it. I haven't found the Cadets to be overly approachable in the last few years, although I did enjoy last year's show. But I very much like this one. They have done a good job last year and this year of tapping into feelings. Last year it was good and evil. This year it's that feeling of joy at Christmas. Great job Cadets!

I felt the same way when I first heard the theme but I love this show. I predict they will overtake Crown and never look back by the first regional.

• Like 2