Will You Be Disappointed?

If the top 4 end up being (in any order, I'm just listing them alphabetically)

Blue Devils

Cadets

Cavaliers

Crown

In other words, pretty much rolling with the status quo. Will that bother you? Or are you okay with it?

My answer - I think it would be exciting to change it up. A new champion would also be exciting, and there is 1 on this list that falls in that category. But, in the end, it wouldn't bother me - I pretty much expect it anyway.

(edited to remove one corps, which was generating more discussion than the question I was trying to ask.....apologies)

Edited by HockeyDad

I expect it (though maybe Phantom instead of Bluecoats), and it doesn't bother me.

Bluecoats were 7th last year (ie not top 5)..........I am not saying

that they won't return there, but it's not a guarantee.......I think

that you have to include SCV and Phantom in your top 5 hunt, and they are

not a "notch down" from the others..........I do agree that it would be

cool to see a wide open race, with others in the hunt as well.....we'll see........

GB

Yes, as the poster above me stated, Bluecoats were not top 5 last year. I think they will be better this year, but we shall see.

It seems that lately we have gone from a BIG 3 (Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers) to a BIG 4 (adding Carolina Crown).

Yes, Bluecoats finished 3rd in 2010, but Crown has had FOUR straight top 4 finishes going into this season.

So if you ask me, I think those are the BIG 4 corps that will likely make it tough on anyone trying to break into the top 4. The top 5 is often rounded out by a wildcard. Sometimes it's the Bluecoats. Last year it was Phantom. In 2009 it was SCV. Maybe this year it's one of those groups, or perhaps it's Madison, Blue Stars, or Boston (who I am hearing great things about).

My darkhorse prediction for this year is Boston. I felt they had one of the stronger visual programs last year with some excellent music. If they take that up a notch, I could see them top 5. They have been there before.

• Like 6

If the top 5 end up being (in any order, I'm just listing them alphabetically)

Bluecoats

Blue Devils

Cadets

Cavaliers

Crown

In other words, pretty much rolling with the status quo. Will that bother you? Or are you okay with it?

My answer - I think it would be exciting to change it up. A new champion would also be exciting, and there are 2 on this list that fall in that category. But, in the end, it wouldn't bother me - I pretty much expect it anyway.

would be exciting to have someone else in there ONLY if they deserve to be there

• Like 1

Generally when I think of the season I expect BD, Cavies and Cadets to be in the top 5. I believe since 1990, only twice has one of The Cadevaliers not been in it. Lately Crown has taken over the fourth spot. That only leaves one "wildcard", which comes from one of the Phantom, Bluecoats or SCV. These generally make up your top 7. I think the surprise is more likely to happen at the 8th spot with Boston, Madison or Blue Stars.

Edited by GREENBLUE

It bothers me that INT isn't even making an appearance tonight.

That's OK. In some of the regionals they'll make multiple appearances to make up for it. Just make sure you don't miss the Stealthmen tonight. Remember their motto: If you can't see us, we're here.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1