2012 Rankings

Stanford

Renegades - 63.15

Andrew? :blink:

Oh right, me. No, just call me Spandy :thumbup:

Dollar for every time someone I know has said "Who's Andrew".

• Like 1

Mankato MN - Tuesday June 26

Minnesota Brass - 76.60

Govenaires - 65.90

I was going to start another thread about this, it might be in discussion somewhere else aswell.

The drop in MB's score after hitting an 82. How consistent is the judging when its a DCI show using DCA sheets?

Also do many judges "operate" on both of the circuits. In Europe most the organisations are on the same judging system so some of the Brit judges will go out to the Netherlands and judge there and we'll get the Dutch come over here.

I was going to start another thread about this, it might be in discussion somewhere else aswell.

The drop in MB's score after hitting an 82. How consistent is the judging when its a DCI show using DCA sheets?

Also do many judges "operate" on both of the circuits. In Europe most the organisations are on the same judging system so some of the Brit judges will go out to the Netherlands and judge there and we'll get the Dutch come over here.

Not very consistent as those two MBI scores show, unless they had a REALLY off night. More or less a ballpark figure really.

There is some crossover between DCA and DCI judging.

I would venture to say that corps like MBI, Corpvets, Renegades, etc. that do DCI shows take the feedback (which is probably really good feedback) and dont pay much attention to the score itself.

Edited by skeptic

I think the issue is that the two shows that MB and Govies were in used the four judge panel, essentially giving each of the four judges 25 points to work with. This is very different than the usual DCA judging system. So even if some of the judges were familiar with DCA, comparing those scores with the Wildwood scores would not be very useful.

I'm willing to bet that MB will come to Bridgeport ready to put on a great show, bus legs and all. I'm also expecting all of the top 5 from last year to be in the hunt for the win. I still stand by my "predictions" but guessing the actual scores is mostly just for my own amusement.

Bucs

ES

MB

Cabs

Hurcs

Bush

Not very consistent as those two MBI scores show, unless they had a REALLY off night. More or less a ballpark figure really.

I would venture to say that corps like MBI, Corpvets, Renegades, etc. that do DCI shows take the feedback (which is probably really good feedback) and dont pay much attention to the score itself.

You're probably right, or at least, they don't put too much stock in those numbers. If anything, I really thing DCA has done a good job at Prelims of making sure the out-of-area corps get a fair shake. Even with the weird drop in numbers, I suspect MBI had a better performance despite a lower number. Same goes for Govies.

being a weeknight, I'd imagine they had some holes. Can't say much about either score, and since neither was a full panel you just won't know until Saturday

From what I heard, the Woodbury judges from Saturday were exclusively DCI, whereas the Mankato panel had quite a bit of DCA experience (one of whom might be judging prelims/finals in Annapolis ... just a rumor). It seems like "DCI-centric" judges come in with lower expectations when it comes to all-age corps (I've listened to plenty of tapes if you don't believe me), so you could make the argument that scores could inflate that way.

That said, I was at the Mankato show, and neither corps had a good performance. Some pretty nasty wind gusts early that evening. Sounds like a cop-out, but it was pretty bad. I'm usually skeptical of 5+ point drops, but this might have some merit.

Or it could all be a conspiracy to keep Minnesota corps down :ph34r:

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

I think the issue is that the two shows that MB and Govies were in used the four judge panel, essentially giving each of the four judges 25 points to work with. This is very different than the usual DCA judging system. So even if some of the judges were familiar with DCA, comparing those scores with the Wildwood scores would not be very useful.

I'm willing to bet that MB will come to Bridgeport ready to put on a great show, bus legs and all. I'm also expecting all of the top 5 from last year to be in the hunt for the win. I still stand by my "predictions" but guessing the actual scores is mostly just for my own amusement.

Bucs

ES

MB

Cabs

Hurcs

Bush

i think your right on your placings for bridgeport except i think your being generous with empire. i don't now that much but empire has some stuff going on plus a later first show. MB will most likely beat them. just my thoughts.

• Like 1