Phantomettes

"Fair" has nothing to do with it. Phantom Regiment is a private organization; as such, they can determine what their artistic needs are, much in the same way that Madison and the Cavies are free to maintain their all-male tradition.

I totally agree!

I think its unique and a bold decision for Regiment to with an all girl guard. I also think it works extremely well for them!

• Like 1

I really wish more corps would experiment like this to create a bigger variety of aesthetics.

We seem to have gotten stuck in a rut of "every corps who isn't Madison or Cavaliers is co-ed". While this could be considered more inclusive, it also doesn't give much variety for the shows the audience can see.

I truly appreciate what Regiment has done the past few years with the all-female guard. And even to an extent, back in 2005 and 2006 when both they and Madison experimented with guard "soloists" separated by gender. 2006 Regiment was a masterpiece IMO.

With more and more corps throwing away their identities each year, it's nice to see a corps going back to a tradition. I personally would love to see Phantom work their way back to a "standard" Regiment uniform.

I don't pay as much attention to DCI as I used to, but now if someone takes a year or two off from the activity and watches a show, they might not recognize a certain corps since uniforms have become costumes.

When I joined Phantom in 2002, one of the things I was most excited about was the all-female color guard.

• Like 1

Personally, if it works for the corps artistically, I say go for it! I liked Phantom's guard last year and they looked really good this year at the cinecast. If going to an all female guard is experimenting, then Pioneer is ahead of the curve. I think the corps has had a female guard every season since 1961. :tongue::thumbup:

Edited by scsudrummer