Jersey Surf Banana Sticks

AH yes, the video is all I needed to watch to learn. And thanks for the extra info. I don't know how ANYONE can be dissappointed with Drum Corps shows like this. "old school" and "new school" fans alike should be happy with how hard corps with these kinds of shows are trying to entertain us. I'm VERY happy with this trend. And I will for sure be buying some Jersey Surf merch this summer!!!

• Like 2

Surf linked to a video of their performance on the DCI website.

Saw a video of the Surf's show this yr and even though I may not LOVE the LMFAO part I still love the show and CANT WAIT to see it live in Atlanta! I think audience participation is ALWAYS a good thing and think this show is a brilliant idea. WE NEED MORE FUN SHOWS LIKE THIS. Drum Corps should be fun!!!

QUESTION: I couldn't find the banana sticks online. I will for sure be buying them. AM I missing where to find them on their online store? And will they have plenty to sell at the show or is there possibility of running out? ANYONE???

They are selling them at the souvie booth, I'm not aware if they will be online. From what I"ve heard they have ALOT and don't plan on running out.

What happens to the Banana Sticks when the show is over? Are people just going to leave them in the stands? They are not recyclabie so the corps should be charged for cleanup by the show sponsors. It is polution plain and simple.

The are reusable, but I don't think you can recycle them. I like to recycle myself so maybe I'll just bring a pair of cardboard tubes or something else to smack together. I have a feeling most people will take these things home and give them to kids to whack each other in the head with.

I don't think the show sponsors will have many banana sticks to pick up, but the bags and bags and bags of styrofoam cups and paper plates and other trash that a show produces breaks my heart.

I think it's pretty cool myself but there are also those who dislike waffles.

Yes but nobody dislikes bacon. Mmmm bacon :thumbup:

The Banana sticks are inflatable, and can be reused at anytime.. I don't really think they could hurt anyone if hit with them.. Great idea for crowd interaction!!! GO SURF!! HYPE AND SHARE THE LOVE

:thumbup:

Saw the banana stixs in action last night. They worked well and added to the show, but they are just a fun addition, not the core of the show. Surf's show is strong with or without the banana stixs and they capture the audience's attention from the first note. This show is clever, enjoyable, and well done and I'm looking forward to seeing it this Friday in Quincy.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1