What year will Finals not be in Indy?

I love Indy. Great restaurants, Nice parks, wonderful museums, State fair and lots of hotels. I can't stand the stadium for Drum Corps

• Like 1

I've been to Finals twice at the Oil Can, and I think it's not a bad place to watch drumcorps. Then again.....I'm not cheap when purchasing tickets either. If you aren't between the 40's in the club level....maybe you aren't getting thee same experience that I have gotten. Hmm

• Like 2

Also may I add (I could be wrong because I don't have any facts), but contracts and partnerships are a lot less expensive than constantly renting new stadiums every year. I'd much rather have finals at Indy every year than see DCI take a year off because of stadium renting budget cuts.

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 1

Pretty sure it was supposed to be next year, but IIRC, DCI announced that scheduling conflict had cleared up and they would be staying in Indy.

Edit, it was 2014 that was a problem, but according to DrumCorpsWiki that has been resolved.

I was so disapointed when I found out about this. I was hoping it would be in a much better stadium and planning to attend.

For now I'll stick with Allentown as my show/venue of choice.

Pros of keeping it in Indianapolis:

1. A consistent and well-known facility draws credibility

2. For the most part, its centrally located in the U.S.A.

3. There are tie-in marketing advantages with BOA

4. A mutli-year contract is a nice comfort and removes many question marks

5. Fans/veteran parents know where to stay, eat, traffic patterns, etc.

Cons of having it in Indianapolis

1. Its Indianapolis

2. Its the Oil Can, an awful acoustical situation

3. Outsiders have a hard time distinguishing between BOA and DCI, with both organizations playing major roles in Indianapolis

4. The activity can possibly stagnate in one city

5. Change in venues offers attendees new tourism possibilities in different cities

6. New corporate sponsors might be more willing to attend the event if its closer to their headquarters

Edited by Elmo Blatch
  • Like 1

Man I don't know about y'all but I think Lucas Oil Stadium is an awesome venue. It's so clear acoustically.

Huh?? I hope I just missed a sarcasm font or something. lol

Edited by BigBadMadMan

I've been to Finals twice at the Oil Can, and I think it's not a bad place to watch drumcorps. Then again.....I'm not cheap when purchasing tickets either. If you aren't between the 40's in the club level....maybe you aren't getting thee same experience that I have gotten. Hmm

only problem is there are only so many seats in that area.

I was there once....I liked Indy itself. I could eat at St Elmos all the time.

but the Oil Can, well, if you don';t have the right hook up orget your order in 30 seconds after they go on sale, your mileage will vary. I know thatpricing should be more reflective of the issues as you get further out of the "judges" zone