18 replies to this topic

#1 Blackstar

Blackstar

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

I don't come onto the boards as much as I used to. I noticed that the Review section was taken out. But I also noticed theres no seperate threads with reviews. Are they buried in other threads or people just not doing them this year. I remember when we got section counts, music selection and all the good stuff you needed to understand a show even if you didn't see it.
Craig S. Moyer
1984 Member of the Crossmen

Come see me on Facebook. I'm not such an ######## there...

#2 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I don't come onto the boards as much as I used to. I noticed that the Review section was taken out. But I also noticed theres no seperate threads with reviews. Are they buried in other threads or people just not doing them this year. I remember when we got section counts, music selection and all the good stuff you needed to understand a show even if you didn't see it.

Seems like most people this year are posting reviews at the end of show threads.

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#3 rkfdPRphan

rkfdPRphan

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

I've tried this year, and quite frankly I get shredded almost every time I do.

Wow, the people who think you are a 'hater' because you post that you think the pit is too loud or the spacing is bad, come out of nowhere to bash YOU!
I post using my iPhone and sometimes the software puts in words I didnt type and leaves in words I might have spelled wrong.
Who cares!
Who cares? The spelling police on DCP. Guess that makes them feel better about my posts?
I've got 3 shows coming up in the next week and I dont plan on posting anything until I get home OR in rebuttal to something posted that DIDN'T happen.........

Even the tweeters have quit......imagine that........

As you can see in the individual threads about corps, there is a lot of perceived negativity on DCP and it is stopping a lot of good, civil discussions - IMHO.

#4 sdstar

sdstar

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but here's the review forum:

http://www.drumcorps...-event-reviews/
Tim L.
Blue Stars Dad
(Trumpet '06, '07, '08, Mello '10; Pit '09; Tuba '10)

#5 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158,778 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Review Forum is there. It's June, so not as much to talk about yet.

And yes, people get all butt hurt if they don't like a review, and many reviewers give up because they are tired of the abuse.

When i get to a show, I'll review. I've learned to either ignore or make fun of the idiots

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#6 CrownBariDad

CrownBariDad

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Don't they have a DCP forum set up for text reviews? If I wasn't on my iPhone I'd post a link.

Randy

Carolina%20Crown%20Banner%20Gold%20Editi
Spirit%20of%20Atlanta%20Banner.jpg

Me: Military musician (8 yrs), Volunteer when I can
Son: Bari - Racine Scouts (2008), Carolina Crown (2009-2011, 2013!)
Daughter: Spirit of Atlanta Guard (2011- )
Wife: Carolina Crown Vol. (2009-2011, 2013), Spirit of Atlanta Vol. (2011- )

#7 CHRISP

CHRISP

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Please don't stop writing reviews. I'm sure there are more of us than not who really enjoying reading reviews. Don't let the few "negative nellies" ruin it for the majority. thanks.

Wow, the people who think you are a 'hater' because you post that you think the pit is too loud or the spacing is bad, come out of nowhere to bash YOU!
I post using my iPhone and sometimes the software puts in words I didnt type and leaves in words I might have spelled wrong.
Who cares!
Who cares? The spelling police on DCP. Guess that makes them feel better about my posts?
I've got 3 shows coming up in the next week and I dont plan on posting anything until I get home OR in rebuttal to something posted that DIDN'T happen.........

As you can see in the individual threads about corps, there is a lot of perceived negativity on DCP and it is stopping a lot of good, civil discussions - IMHO.

Chris

Long Island Kingsmen, 27th Lancers, Bushwackers

#8 hostrauser

hostrauser

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I will be live-tweeting/reviewing tonight's show in Oceanside, CA, but I doubt I will assemble them all into a coherent post for DCP. Then again, coherence doesn't seem to be required here, so... :music:

FDbanner.png
Forward Dynamics, Oregon, WI - DCPI Season XXII (Summer 2014)

- Polaris Regiment (World Class) - "Principia" - 96.525, 6th place
- The Marauders (Open Class) - "Rusalka" - 93.430, 6th place
- Xothyme (Class A) - "Supervillain" - 91.300, 1st place - DCPI Champions!

#9 Liahona

Liahona

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Who cares!

While I don't compliment posters enough for their reviews (not so good on my part)...I do enjoy to read all of them...I would hope that there are more people out there that truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately, the few detractors that decide to rip apart your reviews ruin it for the rest of us that truly WANT to read them. I personally could could care less about typos, misspellings, and phone glitches...I'm reading for GREAT CONTENT!

joinbostoncrusaderscom_zps3d369b14.png

#10 Toby

Toby

DCP Fanatic

• Forum Support Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'll be writing reviews of what shows I get to.
Toby
FSTM
Music City Legend '08-'09
B.A. Music Education - Cumberland University '11
Great Lakers - DCPI 4 Time Finalist
Port Washington Lights - DCPI 5 Time Finalist

Posted Image
Geno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.