Lack of Reviews

I've tried this year, and quite frankly I get shredded almost every time I do.

Wow, the people who think you are a 'hater' because you post that you think the pit is too loud or the spacing is bad, come out of nowhere to bash YOU!

I post using my iPhone and sometimes the software puts in words I didnt type and leaves in words I might have spelled wrong.

Who cares!

Who cares? The spelling police on DCP. Guess that makes them feel better about my posts?

I've got 3 shows coming up in the next week and I dont plan on posting anything until I get home OR in rebuttal to something posted that DIDN'T happen.........

Even the tweeters have quit......imagine that........

As you can see in the individual threads about corps, there is a lot of perceived negativity on DCP and it is stopping a lot of good, civil discussions - IMHO.

Oh totally! I posted about crown and how much I love their show as I finally got Fan Network and got to see it. I mentioned how theirs seemed to be the most mic'd pit I have heard and added that it was mic'd VERY WELL and sounded great. and yet the Honks jumped all over that!

Review Forum is there. It's June, so not as much to talk about yet.

And yes, people get all butt hurt if they don't like a review, and many reviewers give up because they are tired of the abuse.

When i get to a show, I'll review. I've learned to either ignore or make fun of the idiots

Smart man you are. How I wish I could ignor the idiots.

Edited by And in first place~

I don't come onto the boards as much as I used to. I noticed that the Review section was taken out. But I also noticed theres no seperate threads with reviews. Are they buried in other threads or people just not doing them this year. I remember when we got section counts, music selection and all the good stuff you needed to understand a show even if you didn't see it.

They seem to be buried in the show threads. Also, DCI (All) Corps Show & Event Reviews is still here, so the review sections wasn't taken out. It may have changed though, I don't remember... Good luck!

Wow, the people who think you are a 'hater' because you post that you think the pit is too loud or the spacing is bad, come out of nowhere to bash YOU!

I post using my iPhone and sometimes the software puts in words I didnt type and leaves in words I might have spelled wrong.

Who cares!

Who cares? The spelling police on DCP. Guess that makes them feel better about my posts?

I've got 3 shows coming up in the next week and I dont plan on posting anything until I get home OR in rebuttal to something posted that DIDN'T happen.........

As you can see in the individual threads about corps, there is a lot of perceived negativity on DCP and it is stopping a lot of good, civil discussions - IMHO.

That's why I don't use my iPhone to post. Also too many errors. Same thing with my Android phone.... I also use a good ole computer to post!

tongue.gif

We appreciate your reviews, even if we don't agree with you...

Smart man you are. How I wish I could ignor the idiots.

I don't ignore them. I make fun of them. It's even better when they don't realize I am making fun of them

I like every review and appreciate all that take the time to post them. If I can mention my one pet peeve.....only reviewing the second half of a show! I love reading about the first Open Class of the night all the way to the big boys.

</peeve rant>

ha try posting a bad review about your own corps and see what happens to ya!

I used to write reviews quite often, especially back before DCP was created in 2002. I would post many a review on Soundmachine boards. I think nowadays, there are just so many resources such as Fan Network, Youtube, and Movie theater previews that many folks have already seen the shows. I think the review doesn't serve the same purpose as it used to. Back in the day, you had to rely on reviews to give you any morsel of information on a show until the day you got to physically see it for yourself.

DCI is much more "accessible" now!

• Like 1

Who cares!

Keep writing your reviews, my man. A lot of people like reading reviews from different view points.

Unfortunately, the wolves come out on DCP when anybody says something less than glowing about someone's favorite corps. In particular with the 3 darlings of DCP (Crown, Phantom and Madison).

There are a lot of morons around these parts. Take them with a gigantic grain of salt and move on.

Express your opinion, good or bad. Nobody's opinion is more correct than yours is.

Edited by contrajedi8