Chambersburg Show

Don't know if Chamberburg sold out...someone posted that both shows did, but I have no knowledge of that show.

Pictures do not really tell the tail in a meaningful way. Even at Jackson, the stands would fill and empty all evening long. At any given point in time, taking a picture the stands would looked packed, yet a few minutes later, you'd see many empty spaces.

It was a really BIG crowd if it didn't sell out it must have been pretty close.

IMO there's a lot of pent up demand for show in the Susq. Valley. The area could easily support another DCI show.

no offense George....but fans are also just scraping by aswell. ya know that economy thing we keep hearing about.

So yes, blast those that may have difficulties or the lack of connections to scam YEA out of freebies for not doing their part. I guess their rent/mortgage/food bill may be more important. selfish ###### aren't they?

:rolleyes:

No one is "blasting" anyone :)

Just saying if the price is too expensive for you don't attend. It is called "Free market" and if the sponsors feel too many folks are passing they will lower prices int the future. It is really that simple

With all the difficulties getting this organizations down the road I WANT them to charge as MUCH as the market will bear, so they can stay afloat!

JMO I guess, my chief concern is member experience.

to many, in these times it is.

hence the problem.

No, not really a 'problem', since the shows were packed...and there were cheaper options available, such as the $18 Value reserved seats ($15 at C'burg).

And before I am accused of "drinking the YEA Kool-aid" again...those prices are in line with the two shows I looked at from other parts of the country.

No, not really a 'problem', since the shows were packed...and there were cheaper options available, such as the $18 Value reserved seats ($15 at C'burg).

And before I am accused of "drinking the YEA Kool-aid" again...those prices are in line with the two shows I looked at from other parts of the country.

I won't blast you about the kool aid. Not my approach, and I know you've called Hop out, even if you do bleed maroon

:tongue:

Honestly, without a 3 week old baby, I would have gone. Granted, I would have sought out freebies first since the price wouldn't be that far off for two nights of Allentown and 16 more corps

No one is "blasting" anyone :)

Just saying if the price is too expensive for you don't attend. It is called "Free market" and if the sponsors feel too many folks are passing they will lower prices int the future. It is really that simple

With all the difficulties getting this organizations down the road I WANT them to charge as MUCH as the market will bear, so they can stay afloat!

JMO I guess, my chief concern is member experience.

you have however proven the point. if people can't afford, and thencan't attend, how do we grow the fan base?

Corpsband is right the area could use more shows. It used to have many, many more. But it doesn't. But I'm wondering would the region support more at those prices.

I also realize there may have been several discounted rates for bands to come.

But at some point, there's gotta be a line, and while we're here in other threads wondering if DCI has crossed that line, jacking prices up too much more may not help. After all, we have the wonderfull air conditioned but horrible accoustic Lucas Oil Stadium for finals, and it can't draw 20k for finals what places like Madison did....with no AC, lousy parking, and a stadium far away from most hotels.

I won't blast you about the kool aid. Not my approach, and I know you've called Hop out, even if you do bleed maroon

:tongue:

Honestly, without a 3 week old baby, I would have gone. Granted, I would have sought out freebies first since the price wouldn't be that far off for two nights of Allentown and 16 more corps

I hope to get to at least one night of Allentown...if not, it is West Chester for me. Like a dummy, I scheduled my vacation the week of 8/6, which means we will leave for whereever-we-go on Saturday...I'll also miss the Cadets show at the stadium as well as quarter finals for the first time since they have been broadcast! Bummer!

Just showing a cost comparison for an evening's entertainment. When I saw "A Chorus Line" in the 70's, and orchestra seat cost me $20...now they are over $150.

You keep referring to Broadway like it's the best analogy ever.

Yet you fail to realize, or maybe you do but hope no one would ever point this out, Broadway shows have a whole lot more following then drum corps (DCI or DCA) will ever have.

Edited by Kyle B

You keep referring to Broadway like it's your champion analogy.

Yet you fail to realize, or maybe you do but hope no one would ever point this out, Broadway shows have a whole lot more following then drum corps (DCI or DCA) will ever have.

Both provide an evening's entertainment at the highest level of music (in the case of a musical, anyway) and visual performance. Just seems like a decent analogy, though no analogy is ever perfect.