5 good reason the activity is destined to end

DCi taking a year off is death.

I realize that, and I'm not promoting it, nor do I think that should happen, but these reasons are why I ask these types of questions in the first place.

I realize that, and I'm not promoting it, nor do I think that should happen, but these reasons are why I ask these types of questions in the first place.

no else asks because they know the answer.

out of sight, out of mind.

10 years?

no regional circuits that helped breed smaller corps, fewer shows, fewer corps

Fewer and fewer is a continuation of the last few decades....

Out of the loop when the regionals went under....

Outlook.. continually bleak....

s/ Guy who predicted in mid 90s DCA would be gone by 2000.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

no else asks because they know the answer.

out of sight, out of mind.

Do they really know the answer?

It's unfortunate some of the education cost increases meant for our kids are going to public union admins

:rolleyes: That kind of thing amounts to about 0.00001% of the problems in public schools. I would rank "suboptimal scheduling on school photo day" higher on the list of concerns.

• Like 3

Let's impose a salary cap. Seriously.

Everyone runs on the same amount of money.

I'd like to see BD or even Vanguard rack in the top staff, when any other corps could afford them too.

Why go to Vanguard, when you can go anywhere you want, for the same amount of money. Somewhere maybe you used to march? Somewhere close to your home/family/children?

Students would all start to receive the utmost knowledgeable education, thus making them better performers.

Not only staff, but in terms of equipment, trucks, buses, housing sites, food etc.

Maybe finally we could see the top 7 in the bottom 7, and the bottom 7 in the top 7.

Edited by Cookies
  • Like 7

I agree with everything the OP has stated...except #2. With the opportunity for Collegiate Musicians to gain credit hours for participation in DC a huge pool of Talent will continue to be available.

• Like 1

What if the corps operated in groups of 8 out of a single site? Ie,

8-team cluster houses at a university in Minnesota for a week and uses practice facilities in the area. For 2 or 3 nights during the week, corps travel within a 2 hour radius to perform shows in smaller towns and promoting the activity at schools. All 8 can go, or mix and match, stay at the university, etc. Saturday, this 8-team cluster performs in a regional championship at Minneapolis.

On Sunday, the cluster splits up and moves to the next of 4 possible regions. If Cadets are in Minny this week and Crown in Missouri, they can be a part of the Week 5 cluster in San Antonio region. This ensures over the years that if corps have the resources, they can still travel the country. If not, they can limit tour between Indy, Chicago, St Louis, and Cincy. 8 weeks, plus 4 roaming groups = 32 regions covered.

Travel is reduced to 6-8 massive trips between regions with many smaller events. Transportation, housing, food, and so on can all be centralized.

Edited by Shadowtron