How different will 2012 Minnesota results be from 2011

I don't think Crossmen will be 16th.

I don't think Teal Sound will be 17th. ( sadly )

Edited by BRASSO

move Cavies to 7th with a score midway between 8th and 6th.

move Crossmen up 2 spots from last year, raise their score accordingly and that is how I think they will finish.

I don't see any upsets tomorrow.

With the Cavies going on so late, it's going to be very interesting how the judges place them. Will their aleged issues score them back with corps who went on almost two hours earlier, or will they move up 2/3 positions because they "really were not that bad" with the corps that competed around them. This one placement may have a lot to say about the rest of the season.

I

I believe that Crown will finish first, Crown thrives on momentum and they have it this year. As I say this, I don't write off Blue Devils. They have been somewhat sparse in competition thus far, no doubt perfecting their show. I'd have Cadets as a solid third place contender.

4th and 5th will be duked out by Phantom and SCV. I'd give the advantage to SCV.

In my opinion, BAC is the wildcard. Crusaders were supposed to face Bluecoats last night but the performances were rained out. BAC has not faced Madison, Spirit or Cavies yet. Comments have been that BAC's show is better than the scores they have received, so I'm going out on a limb and predicting:

6th Bluecoats

7th BAC

8th Madson

9th Spirit

10th Cavies

For 11th I am predicting Crossmen, believing that 11th is a low placement for them. They may still have some cleanup work to do, but the show is strong and has great potential.

Blue Knights and Blue Stars have been struggling this year but foir this show I am going to predict Blue Knights will have the advantage and Blue Stars will be 13th.

Academy, Troopers, Colts, and Glassmen will be interesting. I've seen Colts and believe they could surprise people this summer. Academy seems to be making progress after getting off to a rough start. Glassmen seem to be hungry as well.

14th: Colts, with the possibility they could fare better than Blue Stars and Blue Knights.

15th Glassmen

16th Academy (won't be 16th at finals)

17th Troopers--when they surge and make finals, it is always a late season improvement so this may not be where they will be in August.

18th Cascades.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the most interesting group to watch will be 11-14. Stars, Knights, and Colts have all shown moments to prove they belong in 11 and 12. It will certainly be exciting.

BD will win - everyone else in run for 2nd

Thats how I see it too.

So after BD wins, I just want to be ENTERTAINED. Placements, Schmalcements. Make me want to go watch your show on FN again, thats all I really care about. Seriously. I think we all have a pretty good idea within one or 2 placements of where every Corps is going to finish today in Minny anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

BD wins by a point or more. Mark it down.

I totally agree

Having seen BD and Crown perform live, I think BD will win. They are outrageously clean, and visual effect wise in particular they are nailing it. Musically I prefer Crown's less disjointed program, but BD has basically no major issues with the performance, while Crown has some near-inevitable phasing issues in both brass and percussion--they're minimal, but they're there and they'll be hard to perfect.

If BD were to drop the pre-recorded spoken material, I would personally rate their show over Crown's at this point, as I think it's better executed, and in many ways better designed. They chose to ruin it for me with the voice-over that covers up the performance. However, I don't think the judges are counting that against them.

I expect BD to win GE Visual, Visual Performance, Visual Analysis, and Color Guard. Crown should win GE Music, Brass, and Music Analysis. Possibly Cadets could take GE Music instead. And Vanguard will either win Percussion or split it with BD.

• Like 1

Here's my prediction for Mpls.

1.BD

2.Crown

3.Cadets

4.PR

5.SCV

6.Bluecoats

7.Scouts

8.Boston

9.Cavies

10.Spirit

11.Blue Stars

12.Blue Knights

13.Bones

14.Troopers

15.Glassmen

16.Colts

17.The Academy

18.Mandarins

19.Pioneer

20.Cascade

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I've grouped those I feel will be real close depending on performance and whose judging.