How different will 2012 Minnesota results be from 2011

Listed below are the results from last years Minnesota show.

Any predictions on placement and score changes?

I think the most obvious will be Cavaliers will not be #1 and Spirit will not be #13. I also don't think anyone will hit 87 points.

Here's last year's results:

1 The Cavaliers 87.350

2 Carolina Crown 85.950

3 Blue Devils 85.900

4 The Cadets 85.550

5 Phantom Regiment83.100

6 Bluecoats 82.900

7 Santa Clara 80.850

8 Madison Scouts 79.850

9 Boston Crusaders79.400

10 Blue Stars 78.850

11 Blue Knights 78.500

12 Troopers 74.700

13 Spirit of Atlant74.450

14 Glassmen 74.300

15 Colts 73.250

16 Crossmen 72.850

17 Teal Sound 69.650

18 Cascades 66.750

Of these Corps, I see only 3 Corps that'll move up or down more than 2 spots from last year in this show: Cavs, Crossmen, SOA. ( maybe Troopers ) So I say bring on the entertainment.

Edited by BRASSO

Here's my prediction for Mpls.

1.BD

2.Crown

3.Cadets

4.PR

5.SCV

6.Bluecoats

7.Scouts

8.Boston

9.Cavies

10.Spirit

11.Blue Stars

12.Blue Knights

13.Bones

14.Troopers

15.Glassmen

16.Colts

17.The Academy

18.Mandarins

19.Pioneer

20.Cascade

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I've grouped those I feel will be real close depending on performance and whose judging.

Bones with a colossal slip and Glassmen with a colossal climb?!? No offence intended to anyone, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

My top 17 looks like this for tonight. I have not seen the last few corps so to be fair I didn't want to assign a score.

1.) Blue Devils - 87.10 - brass is even with crown, but BD beats them in visual ex, drums, guard, and they are close in GE (but BD gets the nod). I see BD being too good for everyone right now and they win by over a point.

2.) Carolina Crown - 86.00

3.) Cadets - 84.75

4.) Phantom Regiment - 83.50

5.) Bluecoats - 82.50

6.) Santa Clara Vanguard - 82.10

7.) Boston Crusaders - 79.85

8.) Madison Scouts - 79.55

9.) Spirit of Atlanta - 77.80

10.) The Cavaliers - 77.50

11.) Blue Knights - 75.10

12.) Blue Stars - 74.25

13.) Crossmen - 73.50

14.) Glassmen - 73.20

15.) Academy - 72.10

16.) Colts - 72.00

17.) Troopers - 70.65

• Like 3

SCV was only 1.6 pts behind Cadets yesterday, why do you think an additional point spread opens? Everything else is plausible.

I don't think Cadets had their best run, and also because Bluecoats and Phantom enter into the equation. Spread can increase when there are more corps to judge. There is also the chance they could descrease. At any rate, I think the gap will widen a bit.

1st/2nd - Blue Devils and Crown. Very close. It'll probably end up being Blue Devils in 1st due to where they are placed in the show, and like jwillis said - the visual execution is cleaner.

3rd - Phantom. They have been shimmying their way to the top all season.

4th - Cadets. Phenomenal show, yet it lacks its "finals week luster".

5th/6th - Santa Clara Vanguard and Bluecoats. This will be very tight. I could see both shows making it up to the top 4 spots in the next few weeks.

7th - Madison Scouts. This show could definitely be a top 5 show in the next few weeks, yet I don't see them being a top 5 contender just yet.

8th - Boston Crusaders. Very great show. It may place higher than scouts. It may not.

9th - Cavaliers. Due to order, and other factors of the show, the Cavaliers may be placed 8th, or they could even be placed at 10th. Who knows, we'll see.

10th/11th - Spirit of Atlanta AND Blue Knights. Again - show order. Also, Blue Knights' show is starting to get clean and is starting to be rewarded by the judges. Also I am biased. :tongue:

12th/13th/14th/15th/16th/17th - Crossmen, Blue Stars, Colts, Glassmen, Troopers, and Academy. This will be a very exciting and a very tight gap.

19th - Cascades. Very young corps this year. Compared to last years show (which I enjoyed a lot), it lacks the excitement.

World Class corps that will not be present - Pioneer and Mandarins. Mandarins have just finished their California tour. They have rehearsed a ton lately, and this show might "pop" a few corps later in the season. Plus I have friends who march there, so I'm hoping for the best all season. :thumbup:

Pioneer - The show is good. It's been going up and down all season. Maybe with a few of the Teal members added to the pack (if there are any) this show will move up.

Things we may see:

- Tons of very tight competition. I could see the top 12 being a 9 or 10 point split. The middle of the pack this year is out for blood - all of them. The corps that we have counted out of finals could very well be in placed where the 8-12 corps are.

- The most exciting Minneapolis ever. I could see just about every show getting a big standing O.

- Crown could win their first regional.

- A few upsets. Who we might want to prevail over the other corps might not happen tonight. This could be due to show order. Or maybe it'll be due to the ever conspirafied (new word) "drum corps politics". Who knows.

- A lot of DCP action. Every DCP-er will be a kid in a candy store. Except the kind of kid that likes to eat chocolate covered nails rather than chocolate bars. We'll see about 15 new threads in 8 hours just because of Minny.

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 3

1342278631[/url]' post='3171705']

Here's my prediction for Mpls.

1.BD

2.Crown

3.Cadets

4.PR

5.SCV

6.Bluecoats

7.Scouts

8.Boston

9.Cavies

10.Spirit

11.Blue Stars

12.Blue Knights

13.Bones

14.Troopers

15.Glassmen

16.Colts

17.The Academy

18.Mandarins

19.Pioneer

20.Cascade

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I've grouped those I feel will be real close depending on performance and whose judging.

I agree with this, but switch SCV and Bloo

• Like 2

1 Crown -wins first regional.

2 Bd--very close.

---------

3 Phantom -picking up steam

4 Cadets- good corps , show design not top 4

---------

5 SCV- seem to be stagnent

6 Bluecoats-moving up on SCV,could pass

---------------

7 Madison-move better than 2011

8 Cavaliers-Going to be top 6 end of season

9-Boston- cleaning

---------------

10 Spirit - good corps -ok show,tails at end.

11 Blue Stars-too much drill for young corps

12 Crossmen -cleaning

13 Blue Knights- flying like birds first 4 minutes ????

------------------

14 Glassmen-Have not seen

15 Colts -dirty

16 Academy -have not seen

17 Troopers - " "

18 Cascades - " "

• Like 4