Blue Devils on top...really?

Clean wins. Crown will be sloppy in comparison for the rest of the year even though they have that sweet horn sound.

Clean didn't win last year. I loved Cadets, and thought they were a deserving champion, but by no means where they the cleanest corps. Especially in vis.

• Like 9

The fans speak after each BD performance...& the silence is deafening.

Well, that was not the case at the 2 shows I attended here in CA. I also watched the webcam at MN and they got a nice reaction. Perhaps you yourself have a hearing problem.

• Like 9

The fans speak after each BD performance...& the silence is deafening.

Except that it isn't. Not to mention that even if you were right (and you aren't), screaming fans isn't the only way to show appreciation. Sometimes it's not even appropriate. And as others have asked you tonight, please stop presuming to speak for "the fans".

• Like 7

Except that it isn't. Not to mention that even if you were right (and you aren't), screaming fans isn't the only way to show appreciation. Sometimes it's not even appropriate. And as others have asked you tonight, please stop presuming to speak for "the fans".

Maybe it was the echo in the rafters I heard in 2009 when they got booed at Finals after winning.

• Like 9

Yeah, BD's show is definitely polarizing this year. In many respects I really like it. You almost forget that it's a drum corps show. The way they approach the show is very different from any other corps and it definitely represents a level of invocation. Innovation is good for the activity. It is also very difficult. Some years people have complained that BD's shows are too easy - that the don't march enough, etc. This show is very difficult in all kinds of different ways. So there's a lot to appreciate. However, I continue to be bothered by all the recorded narration they use throughout the show. It muddies the show in my view and takes away from the brilliant brass and percussion performances. And the fact that they end the show with recorded narration instead of ending with their hornline blowing their socks off makes the ending very disappointing. So, I think their design staff just got a little too clever this year with all the narration. If they'd cut that out and change the ending this would be an absolutely killer show.

• Like 6

Difficulty? Crown is playing Bertrand Moren's Dreams while running. Blue Devils have a french guy talking while they get dressed from their invisible closets that double as a PVC horse. WTF

And one is objectively better than the other?

• Like 2