Anyone know status of VK?

Uh Stu... They made a sound business decision and lived within their means. From my understanding, all intentions were for the corps to tour. That said, ifthe membership can't keep up their end of the bargain and pay their fees, then something has got to give. What else did you want them to do?

Uh Cainan... if you think that allowing the 80% who failed to honor their contractual obligation to board the bus in the first place, and then going out on the road without the capital to accomplish the tour, was a 'sound business decision' then it is no wonder thousands of corps fail. It seems to me that if you owned a tour company selling travel packages to clients to attend the Super Bowl, and 80% of them failed to pay for those packages, you would make the 'bad business decision' to put them on the bus and go anyway. And that is exactly what happened in this case; a 'bad business decision' before boarding the bus, not a 'sound business decision' after the tour began.

• Like 1

YES! So TRUE! I WAS there for that. That DID happen! But I will say this, even today - something is wrong with the organization if kids "don't" (or more likely), won't pay there fees. Solid organizations are not out chasing members for money. The kids are on a regimented schedule to pay, the schedule is followed willingly - because the kids feel an obligation to pay on time - because they are getting a good experience and they don't see "sketchy business going on"!!!

When you have to promise kids free tours because you can't get the numbers - and then try and chase them down later for money you said they didn't have to pay - your in trouble! VK has been doing this for years. I have personally witnessed this. I saw emails that threatened legal action on former members, and the members showed me their BLANK member agreements that they never filled out or signed or turned in! Bad business going on!

It was 2010. You weren't there yet.

You probably weren't there when the Boy Scouts pulled their endorsement, either. Something about 50 complaint letters, BSA banning management from involvement until they investigated, and management defying that ban, resulting in BSA dropping VK?

Ask questions. Get real answers. Don't be surprised if you're tenure is limited when you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Closing this one as there have been many unsubstantiated rumors passed that can be extremely damaging to the individuals involved. If you have a problem with anyone specifically at VK, I suggest you contact them directly, rather than to smear them on a public forum. I think you will find that the board of directors for VKYAO all have their email addresses listed and are all extremely approachable. Topic closed.

• Like 3