Open Class Championships

Not just that, the Open sheets are totally different, with completely different criteria. Oregon will do very well on WC sheets though.

Ok I'm really confused here.... I thought that THIS year everyone was on the same sheet... WC and OC. Granted in open class competition the scores are more forgiving but the sheets are the same. And of course in WC competition, scores for open class will drop... but again - I thought the sheets were the same starting this year. Who knows for sure?

Edited by luv4corps

Ok I'm really confused here.... I thought that THIS year everyone was on the same sheet... WC and OC. Granted in open class competition the scores are more forgiving but the sheets are the same. And of course in WC competition, scores for open class will drop... but again - I thought the sheets were the same starting this year. Who knows for sure?

You are correct, same sheet, just taking into consideration of class. Verbiage is the same. No one knows what the drop will be this year. I guess 15-17 point drops in the top open corps.

You are correct, same sheet, just taking into consideration of class. Verbiage is the same. No one knows what the drop will be this year. I guess 15-17 point drops in the top open corps.

In the past, a good rule of thumb for converting OC scores to WC sheets was to multiply by 80% (the old OC sheets had only four boxes - top of box 4 was 100 on OC and 80 on WC).

With the new sheets, we just have to wait and see how it goes. 80% of last night's scores would put Oregon Crusaders 19th in prelims (top 4 OC corps making semifinals with Pioneer being the only WC to miss out). At a 90% conversion (not likely, IMO), Oregon Crusaders would jump to 11th and 7 OC would progress to semifinals (but that would involve Gold beating Jersey Surf - boy would THAT light up the WC boards!).

• Like 1

However these scores shake out in worlds... I can't wait to see how OC places in semis. Those who have seen their show are in love with it this year. They are peaking... execution execution execution. We'll see! And if you're going to finals... don't miss their show... not a good time to go get a hot dog.

Legends is featured on the front page of this morning's Michigan City newspaper - - great show last night! The kids performed at the top of their game and left everything on the field.

549645_10150961723175614_429885557_n.jpg

Indiana is now in the Eastern Time Zone, except the top left corner (where Michigan City is located) and the bottom left corner

A distinction which proved necessary to my making it to the show on time!