"Colts" not "The Colts"

Also, I have to get this off my chest...I used to love Brandt Crocker back in the day when he spoke in his regular natural voice while introducing the corps. When did he start using the over the top raspy voice for his introductions? I literally couldn't understand what he was saying during a few of his introductions, the worst of which was phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantom Regiment. It sounds terrible.

I love Brandt, but I have to agree. This isn't professional wrestling. I don;t know if he's been directed to try to inject some excitement, but to me it sounds...well...yucky.

Garry in Vegas

It would be cool to hear "The Phantom Regiment!" instead of that phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantom hahahaha!

The

(used, especially before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an ): the book you gave me; Come into the house.

(used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique): the sun; the Alps; the Queen Elizabeth; the past; the West.

(used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend john smith.

(used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.

(used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.

I also noticed the lack of "the" in Atlanta. It sounded odd (especially "Troopers"). Comes across (to me) as being a little uppity. Way, way, way old school, but did anyone ever take Karen and Richard seriously after they insisted being called "Carpenters?"

To "the" or not to "the"...

Leaving "The" off of everyone's name is drum corps trying to manufacture coolness. Somebody did it once and it sounded cool, now they all do it. Kind of like saying Sa'-lon instead of Salon (or "Turandoe" instead of "Turandot" :smile: ).

But now it's just plain awkward.

And yes, I've had enough of the Brandt Crocker growl - for every corps, every freakin' time. It has gotten way too old and needs to stop. I now cringe every time I hear it.

Brandt, please stop. It's YOU that makes the announcing great, not the growl.

Drum corps is already cool and exciting. We don't need fancy names or manufactured growls. Let the performances do the talking and all will be fine.

Maybe they should all emphasize the "THE" Like those dbags from Columbus Ohio...... THE Ohio State University :)