"Colts" not "The Colts"

While were on the topic of announcing, why in the world does the show announcer introduce the corps twice?

The corps warm up & beginning of the show is odd & awkward.

While were on the topic of announcing, why in the world does the show announcer introduce the corps twice?

The corps warm up & beginning of the show is odd & awkward.

It's supposed to be an announcement as the corps enters and starts setting up, and one when they are ready to go. You're right, it's become cumbersome. The corps have control over when each announcement is made, but they should have the option to do away with it completely.

It is (at least was) legal to substitute your own (as Cavaliers did a couple years ago), but surprisingly, that hasn't taken off.

I'm fine with leaving the choice of including "The" in the official name and/or the corps announcement up to the corps themselves. Given all the extra tweaking that goes into field announcements these days with pre-shows etc, I assume the corps are getting what they want out of Brandt for Finals.

Two things:

1) I thought the announcing was very good over the week. Some corps had "The" and some did not - it seemed a little more natural. And BC sounded great, adding excitement without all the growling.

2) Since The Colts are in the title, for the Colt fans out there: I thought their Friday night performance was their best of the season - very energetic, and should have been scored much higher.

It's supposed to be an announcement as the corps enters and starts setting up, and one when they are ready to go. You're right, it's become cumbersome. The corps have control over when each announcement is made, but they should have the option to do away with it completely.

It is (at least was) legal to substitute your own (as Cavaliers did a couple years ago), but surprisingly, that hasn't taken off.

Contrarily, I wish that there was more consistency about how the introductions were handled, with the announcer welcoming the corps, addressing the DM, waiting for a salute, the announcing the start. For the audience's sake: everyone would know when they could talk with their neighbors and when they could and could not enter the stands. And for my own aesthetic reasons, because I don't care for the pretense that is life: pictures have frames, books have covers, drum corps shows have clear beginnings and endings.

• Like 1