824 replies to this topic

#1 kaseyW

kaseyW

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Forget the fact that it's WAY too early. It's all for fun.

1. Carolina Crown - I believe that they will finally find their luster, and harness their dynamic designs into something that's awe inspiring and 1st place achievable.
2. Blue Devils - They'll still have the same thunder they had this season, but it is time for a new champion.
3. Santa Clara Vanguard - Bringing them back to the top 3. The last time was 2004. They have one of the best perc/brass writers in all of drum corps, and this year's production was outstanding.
4/5/6. Cadets/Phantom Regiment/Bluecoats - it's a toss up between these two.
7. Cavaliers - Like Phantom Regiment after 2009, they will rise back up, but it will be a slow rise.
8. Blue Knights - Personally I'd love see my favorite corps make the top 8 again, and they have the design team to do it.
9/10. Madison Scouts/Boston Crusaders - Two corps that have impressed and produced fan favorites as of recent years.
11. Crossmen - They got the fire started back up, and they wont stop any time soon.
12. Spirit of Atlanta - Still a finals corps, I just don't know how far they'll move up.

I would write in the rest, but I'm too lazy too.

Edited by kaseyW, 12 August 2012 - 01:47 AM.

Posted Image

#2 SiBlueStar

SiBlueStar

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Too soon to even make an educated guess. If I were to speculate on anything, it would be Crown winning it all. I think that their staff is done settling for a brass title and is going to do anything to win next season...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Blue Stars 2010 - Mello
Southwind 2007 - Trumpet

#3 kaseyW

kaseyW

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

Too soon to even make an educated guess. If I were to speculate on anything, it would be Crown winning it all. I think that their staff is done settling for a brass title and is going to do anything to win next season...

I know it's way too early. But predictions can be made whenever. And it's all for fun anyway.
Posted Image

#4 supersop

supersop

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

Ask me after DCI Minnesota .. I'll make 1 or 2 changes around 8th and 12th place .. and that should be good. Afterall, that's usually how it goes down anyway. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Northern Aurora 1986-1988
Madison Scouts 1989
Cadets of Bergen County 1990

Pyware killed Drum Corps

#5 84BDsop

84BDsop

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,660 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

2. Blue Devils - They'll still have the same thunder they had this season, but it is time for a new champion.

Only if you out-point them....you want a new champ? Beat BD if they have a show that's winning....simple.

I predict that no matter WHAT BD does -- even if they were to a faithful repeat of the 86 show -- they'll get #### on if they continue to win....and not care one way or another (far from it...the hate-fest this year only fueled the corps!)
Sam Signorelli
'84 Blue Devils "A"
'84-'85 Keesler AFB Blue Knights

'86 Dagenham Crusaders (DCUK)
'87 Empire Statesmen Sr.
'94-'97 Nightfire
'02-'06 SoCal Dream Sr.
'04 Crunchy Frog
'07 Blue Devils Alumni
'08 En Garde

#6 TimbreDeBrass

TimbreDeBrass

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

I predict... will not be productive

Edited by TimbreDeBrass, 12 August 2012 - 02:04 AM.

*Disclaimer - my opinions are my own and independent from any corps that I've marched and do not reflect the opinions of either corps. 

Trumpet 

Blue Stars - '10, '11

Cadets - '13 (Age-out)

#7 DrumManTx

DrumManTx

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

I predict Blue Stars don't stay out of finals. That's all right now.

My advice, find something you like in every show, don't look for what is not there, and just take it all in.  You'll find yourself enjoying it a lot more.  I do.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never marched, super fan, take what I say with a grain of salt.  If you don't it's going in your eye.  Music Major somewhere in Texas.

I'm not a complete id***, some parts are missing!

All generalizations are false, including this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shows I really enjoy, 2015:

Arizona%20Academy%20Banner.jpg

Bluecoats%20Banner.jpg

Blue%20Stars%20Banner.jpg

Cascades%20Banner.jpg

Oregon%20Crusaders%20Banner%202.jpg

Santa%20Clara%20Vanguard%20Banner.jpg

#8 flammaster

flammaster

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

I hope Cavaliers do this next year! Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Ox3n8QlzI&feature=related

huckleberry.gif

#9 Kamarag

Kamarag

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,656 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

I predict that this off season could have a hot stove with staff changes that would make professional sports proud.

John Adcock

Hawthorne Caballeros Brass Staff

Alumnus, Blue Devils, Suncoast Sound &
Reading Buccaneers

"If it's too loud, you're too old."

#10 Michael Boo

Michael Boo

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,542 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

Thinking about the thread, "2013 Predictions"
Posted Image

Edited by Michael Boo, 12 August 2012 - 03:01 AM.

This is my signature because I'm told I should have one even though I use my real name as my screen name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.