10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Stars

12. Blue Knights

13. Academy

14. Crossmen

15. Colts

• Like 3

I'll play along. Why not?

1. Phantom Regiment (possibly biased, but I think they are on the right track to their next title)

2. Blue Devils

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. Madison Scouts

7. SCV

8. Blue Knights

9. Cavaliers

10. Boston

11. Xmen

12. Spirit

13. Blue Stars

14. Glassmen

15. Pacific Crest

16. Oregon Crusaders

17. Colts

• Like 2

Thinking about the thread, "2013 Predictions"

monty-python-my-brain-hurts-4001113.jpg

Mr. Boo, I can't believe you're still awake to even respond to this. Thank you so much for letting us see through your eyes what was happening on the field. It means a lot. This is one of the first finals I've had to miss and it was pretty hard not being there. I found that while watching quarters in the AMC Theater, clapping or giving an enthusiastic "YES" is frowned on. I almost popped having to sit there so quiet.

I would really like to meet you next year while in Indy, just to shake your hand and say thanks. :wink:

• Like 1

I'll play along. Why not?

1. Phantom Regiment (possibly biased, but I think they are on the right track to their next title)

2. Blue Devils

3. Crown

If that's accurate, look for Crown to join BD, Cadets, Star, and Santa Clara in the "took 3rd the year before willing for the 1st time" club in 2014!

Edited by 84BDsop

Cadets will do another Yin and Yang show.. No matter what~

Boston shall play famous drum corps hits... first played by other famous drum corps.

Blue Devils guard will wear: Eye makeup, lipstick, glitter in their hair, Cirque costumes... (and so will the female guard members).

All my Scout friends (and family guard staff), will blow up PR once once agin!

Scout Staff will move scouts forward once again.

Blue Stars go without Myron.

Crown will have the best show on the field 2013, just like 2012.

Crossmen add speed to their show.

thats all for now. :cool:

• Like 4

Blue Devils will not change a thing

Crown will try like hell to get the percussion and guard competitive with BD but not make any major staff changes

Phantom will pick a show that keeps them out of the top 5

Cadets will swerve back to the right and play a more conservative program, after originally announcing they are doing a completely different show

SCV will pick up Mike Gaines and break into top 3

Blue Coats will continue to squander some of the best talent (members) in DCI

Boston will make some staff changes and ratchet up the creativity level

Cavaliers will welcome Pete Weber back to the fold

Scouts Greatest Hits Part Ocho will work well in June & July

Blue Knights will realize a few staff changes in an attempt to break into the next tier. It wont work

Spirit of Atlanta will have peaked in 2012 and be fighting tooth & nail for 12th in 2013

Crossmen will realize a more mature membership and increase the physical responsibilities of the show

Blue Stars are in for major upheavals staff and membership wise.

Glassmen will be the Glassmen

Academy will finally get their act together and ake a concerted run for top 12

Pacific Crest - see Spirit of Atlanta and substitute 17th for 12th

Colts will be the Iowa version of the Glassmen.

Troopers will announce another program that is a slight variation of what they have done. Fans will proclaim "this isn't your grand fathers Troopers"

Oregon Crusaders will continue their move upwards competitively, pushing Colts-PC-Troopers tier

• Like 3

1) Phantom- Just a gut feeling, I want Crown to win but Phantom is starting to build momentum and I feel something big coming...,(that's what she said:)

2) Crown- They're gonna be the best 2nd place corps ever like Phantom was until 96. Unless they get perc rectified they won't win.

3) BD- Since BD is becoming the hotdog corps they play a show from the concession stands to force the crowd to watch. They get hung up in the long line and are late with a big penalty.

4) SCV- Building for a title in near future but not yet

5) Cadets- Continue to do great shows that are loved, but can't find the 2011 mojo.

6) Madison- After disappointing end to 2012 the true Mad Men pick it up a notch in design and performance

7) Bluecoats- start to drop. Still great talent though

8) BK- pick fan friendly music with a unique twist... Have an insane drill and this time they come out roaring in June

9) Cavies- Continue their slide, hopefully not. But, it took Phantom awhile to recover and im betting it will be awhile til they're elite again

10) Boston- Drop but still have great show that doesn't have enough umph to finish higher

11) Crossmen- Contunue they improvement and make a run at top 10

12) Spirit- Similiar show to 2011-12.... Need to amp it up visually to climb.

13) BStars

14) Academy

15) Glassmen

16) Jersey Surf

17) Colts

4)

• Like 3

As much as I dislike The Blue Devils (mostly in part because of their "Cheech and Chong" reputation and over the top bad boy image); they have a top notch staff, very talented membership, and "smart" show design. With that being said, I'm picking them to win again; and it will be by a very slim margin.

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cadets

4. Phantom Regiment/Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Phantom Regiment/Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Bluecoats

7. Cavaliers (still looking to find out who they are, now, and where they are going.)

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Madison Scouts

10. Spirit of Atlanta (if they can put together a show that a little more "Spirit" than classic Dutch Boy Vegas). Still waiting for them come off the line playing "Brothers of Bop," again. '83 Spirit was the f'ing deal!

11. Crossmen (very good things happening with that corps. If they totally jazz it up, Crossmen style, next year, they will get 11th).

12. Blue Stars/Blue Knights

13. Blue Stars/Blue Knights

14. The Glassmen

15. Academy

16. The Colts/Oregon Crusaders (if they make the move)

17. The Colts/Oregon Crusaders (if they make the move)

18. Pacific Crest (I would love to see them in the top 17 simply because they seem like this unknown corps that always shows up with a good corps and good show.)

19. Troopers

20. Jersey Surf

21. Blue Devils B

22. Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

23. Seattle Cascades

24. Genesis, Gold, Spartans...

20 something. Pioneer (**sigh** sad, but true, folks. If this were back in the day, where placing 25th was a big deal, they would probably still be out of it.)

Given Cadets' track record for falling out of top three a year after they win (or come in second), next year they will come out with a completely aggressive program with music no one has ever heard of and wind up winning #11.

BD will be in the hunt as usual, but since Cadets are one of the only corps that know how to overtake them at the end of the season, BD will come in second.

Crown will come out with another fantastic program, but will still miss that title because of the usual factors.

Cavies will be back in the top 6.

Phantom will kill their entire guard next year.

Bluecoats will do a UFC-inspired show.

• Like 1