Trombone trade

rancidrolla

Anyone want to trade their king 3b or 2b+ for my 6 month old 2b?

Also does anyone have an idea of how to make my 2b sound a bit darker and fuller? If i cant trade it i was thinking of getting a 51d (currently playing on a 12c) would this help me get the sound im looking for, or would it be too uncharacteristic? Thanx

Anyone want to trade their king 3b or 2b+ for my 6 month old 2b?

Also does anyone have an idea of how to make my 2b sound a bit darker and fuller? If i cant trade it i was thinking of getting a 51d (currently playing on a 12c) would this help me get the sound im looking for, or would it be too uncharacteristic? Thanx

Going with the bigger mouthpiece will help quite a bit. I"ve played quite a bit on a 2B last spring (3b slide was out of commission for a while). I played on a 12c but I was also the lead player. I wanted more of a bright sound. The 2b helped me cut quite a bit, and I could still blend with the section when that was needed also. 12c is honestly a little too small for me. I play on a 51D on my 42 (which I also am playing on a Bach 50 slide). But I really just needed something to help me out a little. I can't play on a 6 1/2 to save my life, and I've tried a whole bunch of other mouthpieces to play lead. 12c was the only thing I could really play on the small horn. It's also the mouthpiece I learned how to play on, so maybe that has something to do with it.

But making a 2b sound darker and fuller isn't always an easier thing. I would need to know how you are using the horn. Like what part, in what kind of ensemble. But I do know a bigger mouthpiece will help you out in what you are looking for. Also just keep everything open. I notice sometimes I start closing things down when I play on a horn and mouthpiece that small. I have think about keep a wide oral cavity sometimes. But the 2b with a 12c can only get so dark.

And I'm not a fan of a 51d on a small shank horn. Just my experience though. Again it would help if I knew what you were playing in.

6h? 4h? I really need to find a shop so i can play different horns.

If you are in driving distance of the Newark, NJ area, Dillon's is great. I know people who drive large distances to get to that place. Walls covered in horns.